automatic draw

automatic draw

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
29 Sep 16

Why when there are two king left on the chessboard is the game not automatically declared a draw by the system?

this game is apparently still in progress, what gives?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
29 Sep 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Why when there are two king left on the chessboard is the game not automatically declared a draw by the system?

[pgn][Event "Clan challenge"] [Site "http://www.timeforchess.com"] [Date "2016.07.03"] [Round "?"] [White "Speeball"] [Black "Zrock"] [WhiteRating "1130"] [BlackRating "1047"] [WhiteElo "1130"] [BlackElo "1047"] [Result "*"] [GameId "117 ...[text shortened]... 1 63. Qe1xe2 Qd1xe2 64. Kf2xe2 *[/pgn]

this game is apparently still in progress, what gives?
I had the Situation, when my Opponent did not accept my draw offer after I took the last figure. So I claimed the draw the next move. That works.

rc

Moves
29 Sep 16

Originally posted by Ponderable
I had the Situation, when my Opponent did not accept my draw offer after I took the last figure. So I claimed the draw the next move. That works.
ok thanks but I get the feeling that the server should declare it automatically.

st johnstone

Moves
29 Sep 16

ok thanks but I get the feeling that the server should declare it automatically.
you just have to hit one button to claim a draw, don't be lazy

you seem able to hit the accept collusion clan challenges button without any problem

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Sep 16

Yes, it should, as well as only K and minor piece vs only K.

rc

Moves
01 Oct 16

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Yes, it should, as well as only K and minor piece vs only K.
look at this game for goodness sake, look at the ending, there were two kings left on the board and black moved, he seems oblivious.

st johnstone

Moves
02 Oct 16

look at this game for goodness sake, look at the ending, there were two kings left on the board and black moved, he seems oblivious.

[pgn][Event "Clan challenge"] [Site "http://www.timeforchess.com"] [Date "2016.07.03"] [Round "?"] [White "Speeball"] [Black "Zrock"] [WhiteRating "1130"] [BlackRating "1069"] [WhiteElo "1130"] [BlackElo "1069"] [Res ...[text shortened]... a7a2 60. Kd5e4 Qa2c2 61. Ke4xf3 Qc2d3 62. Kf3f2 Qd3d1 63. Qe1xe2 Qd1xe2 64. Kf2xe2 Kd8d7 *[/pgn]
unlike over the board on RHP a player can still win a game in such a position, timeout will win on here

Australia

Moves
02 Oct 16

Originally posted by roma45
unlike over the board on RHP a player can still win a game in such a position, timeout will win on here
Doesn't timeout apply to OTB games where time controls are used?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
05 Oct 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
Doesn't timeout apply to OTB games where time controls are used?
Sure, but the point is that OTB, no one having only a K can win on time. They only get a draw when the opponent's time runs out.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
09 Oct 16

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Sure, but the point is that OTB, no one having only a K can [b]win on time. They only get a draw when the opponent's time runs out.[/b]
I think this has been established some time back, that a timeout with insufficient material is a draw.

Northamptonshire, UK

Moves
18 Oct 16

Same applies to King + Knight v lone King and King + Bishop v King.

FW

Moves
18 Oct 16

I think this has been established some time back, that a timeout with insufficient material is a draw.
More than that, OTB insufficient material to mate even with an opponent blunder (as in the two kings case) means an immediate draw, no claim required or even possible.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
18 Nov 16

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
More than that, OTB insufficient material to mate even with an opponent blunder (as in the two kings case) means an immediate draw, no claim required or even possible.
So somebody is going though the game note and declares the draw after one of the opponents gave up?

No. You still have to Claim the draw OtB. You have to see it is the case and Claim it to be. You can imidiately stop the clocks and fetch the arbiter if the Opponent won't believe you.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
19 Nov 16

So somebody is going though the game note and declares the draw after one of the opponents gave up?

No. You still have to Claim the draw OtB. You have to see it is the case and Claim it to be. You can imidiately stop the clocks and fetch the arbiter if the Opponent won't believe you.
Actually, yes.

I personally had a result reversed OTB on appeal.

To be blunt, at the FIDE level, not one of the players is so ignorant as to play on, or give up, when a situation such as this occurs. That only occurs on RHP with really weak players.