3 ideas

Standard memberRBHILL
Site Ideas 07 Feb '14 04:20
  1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 04:20
    How about a system that knows who you block. And it won't put you against that person in a tournament unless it gets to the final round of course.

A system that knows who has played who and puts people against each other who have played the least against each other in tournaments.

And how about being able to have a 3 or 4 clan challenge at once.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 10:30
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    How about a system that knows who you block. And it won't put you against that person in a tournament unless it gets to the final round of course.

A system that knows who has played who and puts people against each other who have played the least against each other in tournaments.

Hi RB,

interesting ideas.

generally I would put each idea in a different thread, so people can thumb up the ones they find well perceived.

1st: This would open the door for manipulation, e.g. putting the stronger players on the iggy list to avoid them and have the eleminate under themselves... I don't support this one. I could see the option for clan games.

2nd: Interesting to have more variation, but this would also be a point where sneaky people could try to machine the pairings.

3rd idea I simply don't understand. You can have as many clan challenges (including identical ones) as you want. Look at the ongoing battels in the clan forum on that one.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Feb '14 23:08

Votes:

#1 - Nope, bad idea, people would use it to avoid playing difficult opponents.
    #2 - Tentative NO - Objectively it should be done by rating.
    #3 - Zwah? How does that work?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Votes:

3. You pick the order of your players as do your two other clan opponents and player one will play the top ones that the other clans pick. And you do the same scores accordingly so instead of playing two matches against one person you would play four matches against two people.

2. Eight people for example where the top rated would play number 5, 2would play 6, 3 plays 7, and 4 plays 8.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    08 Feb '14 16:02
    Votes:

1). You would have to eventually play the person in later rounds.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 01:12
    1). You would have to eventually play the person in later rounds.
    Not if someone else knocks them out for you.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 05:52
    Not if someone else knocks them out for you.
    Well that's okay then because the person who might knock them out is probably good too. I mean my record against people above 2000 on this site is only three wins and I believe over 40 losses or something like that. So unlikely I would knock that 2000 rated player out so someone else wouldn't have to play them.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 07:31
    Well that's okay then because the person who might knock them out is probably good too. I mean my record against people above 2000 on this site is only three wins and I believe over 40 losses or something like that. So unlikely I would knock that 2000 rated player out so someone else wouldn't have to play them.
    Any way consider the following scenario: There is an obnoxious player who is under heavy suspicion to e a machine in fact. Everybody puts that one on their iggy list. Now that player enters all tournaments he can. Someone still has to play them. Who wold that be?

The point is even if your suggestion would be considered to be a good one. The problem how the distribution of players on iggy lists has to be done is a problem. And some players would fer that they are put back systmatically. I think I can remember a thread (soem years ago) where a guy complained that he gets the same opponent over and over (your second suggestion would take care of that). So if the rule would be instated and you would get a plkayer from your iggy list how would you feel?
  9. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 15:10
    How about a system that would stop blocked players from entering the same events as their blockers? Whoever enters first (blocker or blockee) locks the other one out.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 17:04
    There is such a thing as an unfavorable matchup. I do far better against some 1800 players than others, based on things like the clash of playing styles.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 17:05
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    How about a system that would stop blocked players from entering the same events as their blockers? Whoever enters first (blocker or blockee) locks the other one out.
    Great, so now if someone has a grudge against me, they can just enter lots of tournaments quickly and I won't be able to play in any of them.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 18:01
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Any way consider the following scenario: There is an obnoxious player who is under heavy suspicion to e a machine in fact. Everybody puts that one on their iggy list. Now that player enters all tournaments he can. Someone still has to play them. Who wold that be?
    That's where idea 2 would come in whoever played him the least would obviously play him.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 18:032 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    The point is even if your suggestion would be considered to be a good one. The problem how the distribution of players on iggy lists has to be done is a problem. And some players would fer that they are put back systmatically. I think I can remember a thread (soem years ago) where a guy complained that he gets the same opponent over and over (your second ...[text shortened]... f the rule would be instated and you would get a plkayer from your iggy list how would you feel?
    Don't get me wrong I'm sick and tired of playing the same people over and over again. Take for example the top two movers of this site have played each other over 200 times 😕. I'd truly much rather play a 2000 rated player then all these people I play at 1400, 1500 all the time.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 18:05
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    I personally like that idea. I already told one guy that if I see him in tournaments I won't enter and I hope he would do the same. Especially for the club tournaments that I ask for a certain opening.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 10:53
    3. You pick the order of your players as do your two other clan opponents and player one will play the top ones that the other clans pick. And you do the same scores accordingly so instead of playing two matches against one person you would play four matches against two people.

2. Eight people for example where the top rated would play number 5, 2would play 6, 3 plays 7, and 4 plays 8.
    the multiple clan challnege could be done in tow challenges. So agree with the fellow clan leader that you want to do such a setup and agree on the lists, then send over the challenges and you have the situation as closely as possible here without major ramnifications.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree