vaping does not wean from smoking

vaping does not wean from smoking

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Oct 21

There is an interesting piece of research:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-10-e-cigarettes-dont-smokers-cigarettes.html

In a nutshell it says that there is no statistically significant reduction in smoking habits if people switch to vaping...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Oct 21

@Ponderable
So they just continue to use vape so they get the same or more nicotine but on the plus side, not much of a plus side, but there are no actual combustion products in a vape. I think the temps inside are what max 100C? Don't know for sure but it seems unlikely if it required say 300C to work there would be significant heat insulation issues and the size would therefore double seems to me anyway.

The bottom line though which will take a number of more years to suss out, does vaping reduce the incidence of lung cancer? Also bladder and other organ cancers.

Contentious

Moves
29 Oct 21

People who vape look like they are sucking a robot D.

Just saying 😌

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Nov 21

@Contenchess
Pretty dumb I guess. But health wise I think the verdict is vape is somewhat safer than smoking tobacco cigs or pipes, whatever.

Grass Farmer

Moves
05 Nov 21
2 edits

I used a vape to quit but starting smoking since put back in the mental hospital. I stopped smoking all together and switched so i was still getting nicotine.
I started on a high nicotine level and decreased it to nothing over a few weeks.
It worked but i was going to a quit smoking clinic as well. Only time i quit... well.
The amount of money you save is great. Just a mind game I guess.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Nov 21

@Executioner-Brand
They let you smoke in a mental hospital? Sounds like a flaw in your plot....

Contentious

Moves
11 Nov 21
1 edit

He probably means smoking outside.

I don't see any government/medical buildings allowing it inside.

A private facility might...for the rich. 🤔

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Nov 21

@Contenchess
And in the case of Trump, someone to jump up, hold the cig, light it, give it to Master Baiter Trump.

Contentious

Moves
12 Nov 21

@sonhouse

I'm thinking you should be in the mental hospital 🤔

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Nov 21

@Contenchess
They will never take me alive....