I have read this and I buy dark chocolate at 85% or above.
Every week in my Saturday paper there is something about "how to live longer",or "how to improve your memory or some other health advice.
If I read the articles,I can always say to myself ,yes do that for a lot of the stuff they advise you to do.
Then they always finish with "avoid alcohol",and "do more exercise"
Same with me. I ignore the health advice to avoid alcohol. Alcohol has its place in a good health regimen. Doctors and medical practicioners can be very biased in favour on certain habits and practices.
I try to take health advice which conforms to the bible .. eg
- the bible says to eat meat, so I will oppose the drive by vegans and Peta to get the world to stop killing animals.
- the bible says to fast, so doctors that say to eat 3 square meals a day is not giving good advice. It is only recently doctors started recommending intermittent fasting.
- the bible recommends milk, honey, fresh natural foods, so lots of processing and factory foods are not good. Eg there was a drive several decades ago to discourage butter and encourage margerine and other trans fats. This proved to be a disaster.
- the bible recommends alcohol for stress relief.
- natural sugars instead of high fructose corn syrup is another example.
In the end we will still die, so remember to live well, be happy, be generous, keep busy. Its all about how one balances everything that needs to be done, without being extreme.