1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Apr '13 10:50
    http://phys.org/news/2013-04-breakthrough-hydrogen-fuel-production-revolutionize.html

Getting 300% more hydrogen out of biomass and the conversion making more energy than what was in the biomass in the first place.

This can be a game changer from the production end anyway. They still have to work up storage methods with enough density of H2 to run cars.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 17:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    http://phys.org/news/2013-04-breakthrough-hydrogen-fuel-production-revolutionize.html

Getting 300% more hydrogen out of biomass and the conversion making more energy than what was in the biomass in the first place.

This can be a game changer from the production end anyway. They still have to work up storage methods with enough density of H2 to run cars.
    Hydrogen cars are little more than a ploy by the US auto industry to delay the onset of electric cars. Hydrogen for other purposes I have no problem with although I would like to see and analysis of the relative efficiencies of solar panels and plants.

Also the claim of energy gain seems highly dubious to me. How does that work again? Perpetual machine?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 18:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Hydrogen cars are little more than a ploy by the US auto industry to delay the onset of electric cars. Hydrogen for other purposes I have no problem with although I would like to see and analysis of the relative efficiencies of solar panels and plants.

Also the claim of energy gain seems highly dubious to me. How does that work again? Perpetual machine?
    I think it just means there is more chemical energy available in biomass that this new process taps into that ends up as waste in other processes.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Apr '13 20:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I think it just means there is more chemical energy available in biomass that this new process taps into that ends up as waste in other processes.
    But that is not what the article seems to say, nor what your original post says. Improved efficiency, I understand, efficiency over 100% just doesn't make sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree