1. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 02:00
    no really... (insert any circular argument here) you are wrong and I just said why you ignoramus. It's sad that you are only fooling yourself😞
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 02:31
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    no really... (insert any circular argument here) you are wrong and I just said why you ignoramus. It's sad that you are only fooling yourself😞
    Glory be to the Sau Sage. The Sau Sage knows all! Amen.
  3. .
    Moves
    31 Aug '11 09:561 edit
    I'd rather worship the sausage roll thanks. Full of all sorts of Gods goodies that don't meet the standard of being sold as is, and mighty tasty too! Glory be to the consumer of sausage rolls!
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 12:29
    Originally posted by andrew93
    I'd rather worship the sausage roll thanks. Full of all sorts of Gods goodies that don't meet the standard of being sold as is, and mighty tasty too! Glory be to the consumer of sausage rolls!
    Echt HEMA!

(Yes, in the Netherlands, that's an agreement with what you wrote.)

Richard
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 02:50
    Prahbudda came to New York in 1905 or something, and started ISKON (International Society for Krsna Conciousness).

I reckon he did alright.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 15:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Prahbudda came to New York in 1905 or something, and started ISKON (International Society for Krsna Conciousness).

I reckon he did alright.
    Srila Prubhupada came to America in 1965 aged 69
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 22:59
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Srila Prubhupada came to America in 1965 aged 69
    Did he have twelve dollars in his pocket? These stories have a truth there somewhere.
    Seriously, did he come to america and start ISKON with twelve dollars?
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 00:172 edits
    Did he have twelve dollars in his pocket? These stories have a truth there somewhere.
    Seriously, did he come to america and start ISKON with twelve dollars?
    Srila Prubhupada came to America with $7 in his pocket and a typewriter and one copy of Srimad Bhagavatam which he had translated from Sanskrit to English.

The typewriter was stolen in the first month.

On the boat over he had 3 heart attacks.

After he arrived he translated and wrote over 80 books.

His translations are the best in the world and recognized by all Sanskrit scholars.

Sanskrit is the mother of all language,s and all languages have their roots in Sanskrit.

Over time the world will come to understand that Srila Prubhupada was the greatest man to ever exist in modern times.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:22
    Srila Prubhupada came to America with $7 in his pocket and a typewriter and one copy of Srimad Bhagavatam which he had translated from Sanskrit to English.

His translations are the best in the world and recog ...[text shortened]... ill come to understand that Srila Prubhupada was the greatest man to ever exist in modern times.
    We still worship the Sau Sage. Vishavhetu, you are welcome to join us in our crusade.
  10. .
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 10:381 edit
    Sanskrit is the mother of all language,s and all languages have their roots in Sanskrit.
    Where do you get this stuff from? Two thoughts immediately came to mind when I read your statement.

Firstly, I immediately thought of the Celtic languages and found that they are classified higher up the language tree than Sanskrit, albeit on a different branch. Reference :
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/IndoEuropeanTree.svg
    ...and as you can see there are many other languages that you have neglected.

Secondly, a South African friend tried to teach me phrases in the Xhosa click language - are you seriously suggesting Sanskrit was the mother language of Xhosa????

At this point my BS detector has gone off the dial. Who is being dishonest now???
  11. Germany
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 15:07
    Where do you get this stuff from? Two thoughts immediately came to mind when I read your statement.

Firstly, I immediately thought of the Celtic languages and found that they are classified higher up the language tree than Sanskrit, albeit on a different branch. Reference :
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/IndoEuropeanTree.svg
    ...an ...[text shortened]... Xhosa????

At this point my BS detector has gone off the dial. Who is being dishonest now???
    It's because the dishonest scientists have analyzed languages and concluded many languages have no link to Sanskrit whatsoever. They did this because of the dishonest reason that there is zero evidence of this.
  12. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 17:22
    Where do you get this stuff from?
    The same outdated, racist theories that gave us the modern meaning of the word "Aryan" (and "Caucasian", for that matter).

Not kidding. And yes, these theories were already outdated by the start of the 1900s.

Richard
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 03:42

His translations are the best in the world and recog ...[text shortened]... ill come to understand that Srila Prubhupada was the greatest man to ever exist in modern times.
    Maybe one the 100 greatest "known" people in the last 100years. Maybe. Still pretty good. He faced great adversity.

As for Sanskrit being the mother of all languages you need only go into the country to discover a myriad of aborigonal languages that had nothing to do with Sanksrit.

I wonder what strange forces were at work to help him in this seemingly crazy quest?(which is a relative success from what I can see around me)
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 04:59
    Maybe one the 100 greatest "known" people in the last 100years. Maybe. Still pretty good. He faced great adversity.

As for Sanskrit being the mother of all languages you need only go into the country to discover a myriad of aborigonal languages that had nothing to do with Sanksrit.

I wonder what strange forces were at work to help him in this seemingly crazy quest?(which is a relative success from what I can see around me)
    Dialects are dialects and language is language.

Sanskrit is the first language to ever be spoken by civilised man.

Tribes isolated from civilization develop their own dialects.

It is a perfect language requiring great leaning to master.

In Vedic times it was mastered by the Brahman,s
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 05:081 edit
    Dialects are dialects and language is language.

Sanskrit is the first language to ever be spoken by civilised man.

Tribes isolated from civilization develop their own dialects.

It is a perfect language requiring great leaning to master.

In Vedic times it was mastered by the Brahman,s
    You can see how far they lean now.

"It is a perfect language requiring great leaning to master".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree