1. Standard memberBradsterd
    Bradsterd
    Kansas city Mo.
    Moves
    06 Jun '20 23:48
    is there anything you can do when they wont move to speed up win. he's only got a king and im afraid of the 5 move rule that just got me a stale mate when i was totally winning ? Thx
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '20 23:53
    @Bradsterd

What is the 5 move rule?
  3. Standard memberBradsterd
    Bradsterd
    Kansas city Mo.
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 00:00
    @Bradsterd i found it in the rules better not get tricked into moving the same move 3 times when your totally winning or its a draw WOW.

What happens if my opponents stop playing?
    FAQ

A draw can be claimed without any interaction from your opponent under a number of conditions. These are as follows:

No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves). Therefore the game has not progressed and a draw may be claimed by either player during their next move.

Insufficient material remains on the board to finish the game. If only two kings remain then either player may claim a draw during their next move.

Third repetition of a position. If any identical position appears three times during a game, then the game can be claimed as a draw. Please note that each repetition must be identical with regards to en passant and castling availability. A draw can only be claimed along with a move that contributes to a repetition. Claiming after the repetition has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move.
  4. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 00:02
    @Bradsterd

I'm not allowed to comment about a game in progress, so I won't.

However I can say that:

i) There is no way to force your opponent to move more quickly

ii) The rules for claiming draws are described here: FAQ
  5. Standard memberBradsterd
    Bradsterd
    Kansas city Mo.
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 00:08
    @aquatabby
    thx yeah its rude to be such a sore looser its just a game and i guess they can keep it going for months a7 day time bank. heres the game
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/play-chess.php?gameid=13799310&cbqsid=4803
  6. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    šŸ¤” Bolton
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 12:04
    @Bradsterd

Resign it, alter your game settings - put it down to experiencešŸš¬
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 15:52
    @hells-caretaker said
    @Bradsterd

Resign it, alter your game settings - put it down to experiencešŸš¬
    I agree, resign and don't let one game get you down. The only thing I would add is try to go over the game w/ a much stronger player, and learn what you could have done better. They'll always be another opponent.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 17:492 edits
    @bradsterd said
    @Bradsterd i found it in the rules better not get tricked into moving the same move 3 times when your totally winning or its a draw WOW.

What happens if my opponents stop playing?
    FAQ

Occasionally this does happen. If it is within three moves (remember moves are counted in pairs) you can simply delete the game. You will not be able to claim the w ...[text shortened]... ition has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move.
    If you do not want to be caught with the repetition stalemate, do not repeat the same moves.

I only play 1 day 0 bank, even that is too slow.

From time to time you will find people who slow play losing positions hoping that you will be in a car accident and die so they can get your points.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 19:42
    I like 3 days per move, 7 day timebank. Sometimes I'm too busy to move on the weekends.

I don't care for any longer than 3 days.

Moral of the story: pay attention to the time control before accepting a game.
  10. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 20:42
    @Bradsterd

It's ruder to publicly whine about someone playing by the rules. Deal with it one way or another. Remember, it's only a game.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Ɯber-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Jun '20 08:55
    @bradsterd said
    @aquatabby
    thx yeah its rude to be such a sore looser its just a game and i guess they can keep it going for months a7 day time bank. heres the game
    Your opponent may be employing the time-honoured and totally valid strategy of hoping you get hit by a bus. Look both ways.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Jun '20 17:46
    @bradsterd said
    @aquatabby
    I suggest you learn to use the conditional move feature. You can just program the system to make the remaining moves for you using Deep Mode. That way even if you do die in the meantime you'll have the consolation of knowing you'll win anyway.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 23:48
    @eladar said
    What is the 5 move rule?
    After a fivefold repetition of position the tournament director can declare the game
    to be drawn. Does not apply to most correspondence games and I assume not RHP.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Jun '20 14:11
    @eladar said
    If you do not want to be caught with the repetition stalemate, do not repeat the same moves.
    Nitpick: it's a draw, not a stalemate. A stalemate is a specific, different kind of draw.
  15. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    13 Jun '20 16:28

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree