1. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 13:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    As A1, Score you mean 1 for win, 0 for loss and 0.5 for draw?

Let's test:

A1 = 0
    A2 = 1500
    A3 = 1400
    gives A4 = -11,51792001

I round it to nearest integer = -12, right?
    yep. the rule of thumb is about 4 points per 100pts difference, starting from 16pts with even ratings.

win a 100pts stronger opponent, you gain 16+4 = 20
    win a 200 stronger, gain 16+8 = 24
    lose to a 100 weaker, you lose 16+4 = 20
    lose to a 200 weaker, lose 16+8 = 24

it's quite linear if the ratings are within a couple of hundreds of point. 25 points difference for 1 point gain/loss.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 19:18
    Originally posted by Gator2
    XanthosNZ, I did as U said 2 do & it is still confusing but I appreciate da help . Sure 'nuff it say my can lose pts. even wit a win. Who da thought!
    All my gots ta say 'bout dat is ....a sassafrassin' ! Walter 'the less than Wonderful'...(more or less) AKA Gator2
    Again,thanks beau coup !
    where did you learn english?
  3. Standard memberskryking
    Seeking the Present
    Plainfield, IL
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 19:34
    There's a nice greasemonkey script for firefox that will calculate the ratings change for you in the game screen, I think you can get it over in this thread.

Thread 27452

skryking
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '06 20:40
    Well my almost 66 and my gots permission from mine granddaughter to talk baby talk if'n my wants 2 ! She come a me 1 day & say "Pop how come you talkin' like a baby" ? And my sez 2 her," T it take me 3 or 4 yrs.
    2 learn baby talk just so we could communicate wit each other & now my like 2 talk dat way so couldn't my talk dis way if'n my wants 2...pretty please wit a sugar on top" ? At firstest,her look @ me like my quite mad
    (which o' course I am more times than not!) but then her decided "OK Pop if you want to talk that way go ahead" ! And my say 2 her "oh goody,goody & tank U very much T" ! So there,my gots her permission!
    Den my give her some bad news,tellin' her she couldn't have no more birthdays 'cause every time her has 1 my gets older ! She B seein' dat my gots 2 B havin' 1 o' my mad spells & so she say "Yeah,right Pop"!
    Some how my gets da feelin' dat she weren't real sincere & so my guess
    my gots 2 just accept da fact dat my just gonna go into old fart-hood,like it or no! Dat all my gots 2 say dis time around !
    PaxB2U all ! Walter 'the Wonderful'..(more or less) AKA Gator2

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree