Weekend events fit better

Weekend events fit better

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
30 Jul 20

Playing tournaments (online or in person) with a full night's sleep is always better This is why evenings at the chess club never really worked for me. We have 2 chess clubs in my area, and all of them have their weekly meetings / games on weeknights starting at 7-8
PM, which means getting back home around midnight, only to face the alarm clock at 6:00 am the next morning for work. Has anyone else noticed this?

Moves
30 Jul 20

@mchill said
Playing tournaments (online or in person) with a full night's sleep is always better This is why evenings at the chess club never really worked for me. We have 2 chess clubs in my area, and all of them have their weekly meetings / games on weeknights starting at 7-8
PM, which means getting back home around midnight, only to face the alarm clock at 6:00 am the next morning for work. Has anyone else noticed this?
Not since the trumpavirus pandemic.

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
31 Jul 20
1 edit

@mchill said
I can sympathise with that (when I used to play OTB). Rapidplay on a Sunday - all day + drinks. Then a madras into a fan at work Monday morning😒 Or you say a club match in the South Manchester league during the week - Are your clubs (OTB) meeting?