1. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 02:35
    Anyone here play rated USCF Correspondence Chess Tournys/Matches? If so, how are they overall?
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 02:36
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    Anyone here play rated USCF Correspondence Chess Tournys/Matches? If so, how are they overall?
    Why bother? RHP is fine, and you don't have to pay for the postage.
  3. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 02:401 edit
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Why bother? RHP is fine, and you don't have to pay for the postage.
    then by email
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 02:41
    then by email
    I think you still have to pay for the game.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 03:16
    I played USCF corr a few years ago, and enjoyed it. I haven't played in their events since I began playing server or turn-based correspondence chess.

It's a lot more paperwork playing by postcard or email (keeping track of move receipt and send times).
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 15:55
    My state association offers an annual Iowa State Corr. Championship that is open to all memebers. I am taking part in it and it is great fun. It is harder to keep track of everything by email, but the fact that they are USCF rated means I play the games more seriously.
  7. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 16:43
    The USCF treats CC as a poor stepchild. I quit playing there 15 years ago (computer users and high drop out rate). For C/C I play for the Correspondence Chess League of America, which is solely CC. Messing with postcards is a pain. The CCLA does offer social e-mail tmts, and I think one other tmt. You can play all games e-mail IF both players agree. There is some talk of experimenting with server chess through the ICCF next year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree