1. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 17:59
    Yay! After a flurry of timeouts, I win one. :p

And all it took was deviating from opening theory. Muahaha.

(I hope you find this game interesting)

How far away was mate? I think he can escape it but at the loss of more material.
  2. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 18:23
  3. Standard memberpawnfondler
    no edits
    Behind you
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 18:311 edit
    cant say Im a fan of your opening play at all. If you are gonna bring out your knight to c6 its a good idea to not allow white to chase your knight all over the place. White really didnt play very well but had a major upperhand on you early.
    edit - it all could have been avoided by pushing pawn to c5 as opposed pawn to c6 which gave white that opportunity to seize central control and push your knight immediately after you brought him out.
  4. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 18:59
    Originally posted by pawnfondler
    cant say Im a fan of your opening play at all. If you are gonna bring out your knight to c6 its a good idea to not allow white to chase your knight all over the place. White really didnt play very well but had a major upperhand on you early.
    edit - it all could have been avoided by pushing pawn to c5 as opposed pawn to c6 which gave white that opportunity to seize central control and push your knight immediately after you brought him out.
    its all a matter of style. You just lure white's center forward so you can attack it more easily, just like Alekhine's Defense (1. e4 Nf6).
  5. Earth
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 18:59
    As Schakuhr shows (funnily enough in a game against me - something I only noticed after deciding to contribute to this post 😀 ) Nc6 is perfectly playable. Indeed, it was a move pioneered by the great champion Alekeine (not sure of the spelling).
    However, to play it as black you do need to know what you are doing and I think it is fair to say that it isn't recommended to those wanting a safe opening as black.
  6. Earth
    Moves
    29 Sep '08 19:00
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    its all a matter of style. You just lure white's center forward so you can attack it more easily, just like Alekhine's Defense (1. e4 Nf6).
    Beaten to the post again! So that's how you spell it.
  7. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 18:14
    Originally posted by pawnfondler
    Yes most people would opt for a safer opening choice. However, I was in the mood for something different and had read about this line. It is rather rare to see and this is probably why I was able to win with it... my opponent was unfamiliar with it.

The idea is to lure whites pawns forward and then attack them while developing at the same time.
  8. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    30 Sep '08 18:15
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    Game 5007700
    Game 5007692
    Game 5007732
    Game 5019150
    Interesting games! With good players too. 🙂 thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree