Small victories

Small victories

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
03 Feb 21
3 edits

It's rained for 8 straight days here in Seattle, we've not seen the sun in 10. It's been 6 months since my quest for OTB respectability began, 6 months of tactics exercises, and online play. Just finished grinding out an online OTB win against someone of my own level. Post game analysis reveals 2 blunders, the engine reveals 2 more. 6 online tournament's and my record is still dismal, but improvement is beginning to show. Wins against higher rated opponents now happen more often. Small victories like this make our winter of discontent much more bearable. Looking out the window, it's raining harder, there are ice pellets in the rain. Real OTB tournaments are still months away, but by that time I may just have improved enough to earn some respect. The fire to compete still burns. Back to the book and the board.

Just had to tell someone...

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
03 Feb 21

@mchill I'm with you my friend!

GP

Moves
03 Feb 21

Online tournaments?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
03 Feb 21

@gratis-pawn said
Online tournaments?
Yes - on chess.com

GP

Moves
03 Feb 21

Oh, I thought you were talking about real USCF online tournaments and I was going to ask you about it.

What's your name at chess.com?

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
03 Feb 21

@gratis-pawn said
Oh, I thought you were talking about real USCF online tournaments and I was going to ask you about it.

What's your name at chess.com?
Mchill5