1. Joined
    12 Nov '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

One last thing. You probably did not mean anything by it.
    Call me scumbag, patzer, idiot, nutcase or jammy swine. I don't mind.

But don't call me a Master. I have never claimed to be one, I have not earned
    that title and it is an insult to the players who have.
    I used "master" without a capital M, so you don't need to be so modest...
    😀

The other points are well taken.

I still can't see f3. What do you all mean by it? Sorry, I am just a minimaster (also without a capital M).

PR
  2. e4
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 20:381 edit

18...f3 wins.

In this position I found 18.Nd4 which is a good blitz move as it's a nice
    square for the Knight. f4 was played to keep the c1 Bishop locked up so
    that pawn was going to stay there - I am planning Rf8-f6-h6 so the pawn
    on f4 was rooted to the square in blitz chess.
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 20:53
    (look at the time of the message - 5 o'clock in the morning - I'm not at my
    best at that time).
    I lost a game to an 800 player (who played well) while I was rebalancing my fantasy football teams and playing with my 2 1/2 year old. One of my new friends on the site sends me a PM and says (I paraphrase) " I was looking at your games, and I saw you lost to XXXXXXX. What happened? Was vino involved?"

I have been known to imbibe while playing a casual game (I take the "casual" part very seriously), but in that case I just did not take the game seriously enough, and was justly punished. And the other guy still had to play the moves, which he did in a very efficient manner.

If I was a subscriber (and I will be) and playing in a tournament or something where others depended on my result, that would be serious, but casual games are exactly that- casual. For those, the rating is only a guide- and an opportunity for a lower-rated player to catch someone napping!

Paul

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree