1. Joined
    21 Mar '14
    Moves
    21 May '14 04:36
    Finally, I did it today. After 10 long years of playing against the machine, managed to beat it at this strength 🙂

http://en.lichess.org/9c8HfYg0/black#0
  2. Joined
    13 Jun '10
    Moves
    21 May '14 20:11
    good work!
    [funny - i played the same opening as white last night OTB and lost too...]

One thing i was wondering - when you get down to about move 56 for Black. Did you think of simplifying by taking the N, RxQ, then promote the pawn. Or does the pawn promotion threat work to your advantage by tying down the N?

The piece swap would give you a Q+B+pawn against R+B ending
  3. Joined
    21 Mar '14
    Moves
    22 May '14 01:19
    Originally posted by delnz
    good work!
    [funny - i played the same opening as white last night OTB and lost too...]

One thing i was wondering - when you get down to about move 56 for Black. Did you think of simplifying by taking the N, RxQ, then promote the pawn. Or does the pawn promotion threat work to your advantage by tying down the N?

The piece swap would give you a Q+B+pawn against R+B ending
    Yes, that option was definitely on but I was more concerned about the white rook at this time and intended to take that, which I eventually did on move 62. The N was anyway tied down so was more of a decorative piece at this time and losing a charging queen for that somehow did not look correct to me.
    Also, as per the annotations, with perfect play I would have ended up with 2 queens on Blacks move 62. leading to 2Q+B+P vs R+B+N
  4. Joined
    07 Sep '03
    Moves
    22 May '14 04:44
    Lichess Stockfish engine ratings arent very accurate.
    1)They depend on the users who play against them
    2)Lichess ratings are much higher on average then your typical FIDE or USCF score.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 May '14 02:25
    Originally posted by Chess1987
    Lichess Stockfish engine ratings arent very accurate.
    1)They depend on the users who play against them
    2)Lichess ratings are much higher on average then your typical FIDE or USCF score.
    How much do you charge for motivational speeches? 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree