1. Joined
    07 Apr '04
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 22:23
    I am an intermediate player with rating of 1800 (national) and just below 2000 FIDE. I want to and know that I have to improve my middle game play and have been looking for a software to use. I´ve got "Total Chess Training II" which is all right as far as it goes but it doesn´t really coach you in the middle game. The middle game part of the program only covers themes from prticular openings.

What I´m trying to find is a program that works as near a real coach as it can. A middlegame training program teaching you a lot about the middle game not just themes from some particular openings.

The thing is that there are endless amounts of this kind of software and I´m totally lost in which one to get.

I think you know what I mean and I hope you can help me by pointing out the best programs. Please let me know if I´m being unclear about this.

Thanks.
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 22:37
    Originally posted by thb
    I am an intermediate player with rating of 1800 (national) and just below 2000 FIDE. I want to and know that I have to improve my middle game play and have been looking for a software to use. I´ve got "Total Chess Training II" which is all right as far as it goes but it doesn´t really coach you in the middle game. The middle game part of the program only cove ...[text shortened]... ointing out the best programs. Please let me know if I´m being unclear about this.

Thanks.
    I don't know of any software, but could you give some names of these endless amounts of software?

I was also finding something for specifically the middlegame. Mainly when the pawn structure is symmetric and material is completely even.
  3. Joined
    07 Apr '04
    Moves
    12 Feb '06 23:55
    Originally posted by RahimK
    I don't know of any software, but could you give some names of these endless amounts of software?

I was also finding something for specifically the middlegame. Mainly when the pawn structure is symmetric and material is completely even.
    This is just one site of many that names some software: http://www.chesscentral.com/software/middlegame-training.htm
  4. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '06 01:371 edit
    Originally posted by thb
    I am an intermediate player with rating of 1800 (national) and just below 2000 FIDE. I want to and know that I have to improve my middle game play and have been looking for a software to use. I´ve got "Total Chess Training II" which is all right as far as it goes but it doesn´t really coach you in the middle game. The middle game part of the program only cove ...[text shortened]... ointing out the best programs. Please let me know if I´m being unclear about this.

Thanks.
    I have about 50 video tapes and dvd's on improving your chess. I'd say about 10 of these are for the Middle game. Here's the link:

http://www.uscfsales.com/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree