Krambo and Topa still bitter!

Krambo and Topa still bitter!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
23 Oct 15
2 edits

Topalov Didn't Let Kramnik Use Extra Lighting. Kramnik: "That's Okay, I'm Even Better in Blindfold!"

The central match of the European Club between Siberia and SOCAR has started in Skopje. On board 1, Vladimir Kramnik is being White against his old implacable rival Veselin Topalov.

Many players and arbiters have pointed out that the playing hall is too dark. The organizers had failed to anticipate it, while several days before the beginning it turned out to be too late for the complete solution.

Kramnik joined the play in round 3. Before his first game in the ECC, he asked Ashot Vardapetyan, the chief arbiter, to set an extra table lamp on his table. The arbiter permitted it under the condition that Kramnik's opponents wouldn't object. Both of the previous Kramnik's opponents, Svidler and Nepomniachtchi, were okay with that.

However, today Veselin Topalov has been against the extra lighting. Kramnik just smiled, saying: "That's okay, I'm even better in blindfold!"

As usual, the rivals avoided the handshake. 🙁

http://chess-news.ru/en/node/20317

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
24 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Topalov Didn't Let Kramnik Use Extra Lighting. Kramnik: "That's Okay, I'm Even Better in Blindfold!"

The central match of the European Club between Siberia and SOCAR has started in Skopje. On board 1, Vladimir Kramnik is being White against his old implacable rival Veselin Topalov.

Many players and arbiters have pointed out that the playing hal ...[text shortened]... ndfold!"

"Never hate your enemy, it affects your judgement" Michael Corleone- The Godfather Part 3

Patzer

Canberra

Moves
24 Oct 15

When will bygone champions let bygones be bygones?

rc

Moves
24 Oct 15

Originally posted by bill718
"Never hate your enemy, it affects your judgement" Michael Corleone- The Godfather Part 3
Ha! brilliant 😀

rc

Moves
24 Oct 15

Originally posted by ptobler
When will bygone champions let bygones be bygones?
yes definitely some bad blood, but Krambo was on a roll.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
24 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

Many players and arbiters have pointed out that the playing hal ...[text shortened]... ndfold!"

The handshaking stopped after Topi alleged that, despite all that time spent in the toilet, Kramnik never washed his hands.