Kasparov chess ad

Kasparov chess ad

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
05 Oct 17

I'm sure you all know that Kasparov started online courses, but have you seen the ad? It's pretty interesting.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
05 Oct 17

Love the clocks 🙂

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
06 Oct 17

The abject fear in the faces of the students when he demonstrates the king+pawn zugzwang at the end. He reams off a 10 move sequence and says "and white wins yes" and you can see that not one of them quite gets that, but they are too terrified to say anything 😵

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 17

Originally posted by @marinkatomb
The abject fear in the faces of the students when he demonstrates the king+pawn zugzwang at the end. He reams off a 10 move sequence and says "and white wins yes" and you can see that not one of them quite gets that, but they are too terrified to say anything 😵
I think I would be a bit intimidated being taught by argueably the best chess player (human) of all time. I'm glad he is sticking his neck into games against the younger GM set.

mlb62

Moves
06 Oct 17

Originally posted by @vivify
I'm sure you all know that Kasparov started online courses, but have you seen the ad? It's pretty interesting.

[youtube]g7M3-84jaMQ[/youtube]
Kasparov must be hurting for money lol..he's reduced his "status" a great deal by grabbing any money thats left to him..Now that he's ancient history. Pathetic and sad..what's next..will he be selling used cars ??

NSW

Moves
09 Oct 17

Originally posted by @vivify

[youtube]g7M3-84jaMQ[/youtube]
Looks good!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Oct 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @ogb
Kasparov must be hurting for money lol..he's reduced his "status" a great deal by grabbing any money thats left to him..Now that he's ancient history. Pathetic and sad..what's next..will he be selling used cars ??
Maybe he ruined his fortune running for office in Russia, if that is the situation. It looks like he has given up running for office and has gone back to what he knows, chess. But at his age, he won't be playing like a 2800+ player anymore.

Are we to believe this:

http://en.mediamass.net/people/garry-kasparov/highest-paid.html

It claims he is worth 150 mil. They list his business ventures so maybe it is true. Lucrative deal with Cover Girl?

I tried googling that last and found nothing which doesn't mean it's not true, I would have to contact CG directly which I really have no desire to do. If he really is worth 150 mil, going back into competition would just be a hobby.

mlb62

Moves
09 Oct 17

Kasparov wont be winning any more millions in chess tournaments. His appearance fees must be dwindling, too. "It's a long ways down from the top"...

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
13 Oct 17

Originally posted by @ogb
And maybe he simply like the game, and likes to teach. Have you gone to the dark side or what?

Moves
18 Oct 17

Or living in New York City and having children attending private school/college is expensive.