1. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 03:49
    Originally posted by Ramned
    I was looking through the banned players and I found that ironman used to be the best - why banned? he seemed knowledgeable based on his posts...
    He was just masturbating over RHP. Is that the meaning of "31"?
  2. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 11:35
    Originally posted by z00t
    That is a groundless assumption as anyone can cheat. The difference with this site and the likes of PlayChess is that at PlayChess cheats are caught at the roots, whilst here it is after they climb up the ladders, leaving a long cheat trail.

In fact at PlayChess most of those caught cheating are usually below 1500.
    A silly question, but how can someone rated as low as 1500 be cheating? If they were cheating (and this is the point I am trying to make) their rating, surely, would rise above that.

My point is that, if you are cheating, your rating will not stay at 1500 or even 2000 but it will rise to the lofty heights that steve66 (probably a 1900 level player in reality) did. If it doesn't you are cheating very badly.

... or am I missing something here?
  3. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 11:48
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    A silly question, but how can someone rated as low as 1500 be cheating? If they were cheating (and this is the point I am trying to make) their rating, surely, would rise above that.

My point is that, if you are cheating, your rating will not stay at 1500 or even 2000 but it will rise to the lofty heights that steve66 (probably a 1900 level player in reality) did. If it doesn't you are cheating very badly.

... or am I missing something here?
    Cheaters like those at PlayChess or even here do not cheat in all games and so the guy at 1137 caught cheating means that he has played all his games beforehand using his own ability but in the game he was caught cheating he enlisted an engine.

The difference is that the cheaters here are only caught afterwards but on PlayChess they are caught immediately. Understand? If you looked at some of MaryAnn's games long before she was banned there was evidence of her being a 1200ish player.

If MaryAnn was on PlayChess played 10 games without any help got a rating of 1200 and then on the 11th game she decided to use help, that is detected immediately. Here she would be noticed a long time afterwards, since the detection is not realtime.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree