1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 03:01
    Just found this site as a plugin for chrome in their app store. I'm really impressed! I think this will grow into something special, check it out.. 🙂

www.lichess.org
  2. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 13:19
    I like the chess CAPTCHA. That's a nice touch 🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 13:302 edits
    robbie the patzer v stockfish level 1 @www.lichess.org

4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 17:12
    I notice on chess.com, a lot of my games have had a screwed up time display, where the screen goes off color with no announcement I have disconnected but yet I make a move and then the other guy's clock starts counting down, but then some time later, it is MY clock that goes down by some number and I get lower and lower time left till I lose on time and never a message saying I have disconnected.

The question I have, does anyone here know of a way to hack the time signals of an active game in progress?

That seems to be the only thing I can think of that can effect my clock like that.

How else could my clock lose time with no message of disconnection?
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '12
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 20:50
    That's nice, and there's a pretty poor machine translation into Welsh too, which is at least a nice effort. I'm playing on my phone, but can anyone see a developers email address? I might help them with the translation.
  6. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 22:30
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    That's nice, and there's a pretty poor machine translation into Welsh too, which is at least a nice effort. I'm playing on my phone, but can anyone see a developers email address? I might help them with the translation.
    It's open source, you can contribute translations here:

http://en.lichess.org/translation/contribute

It's a nice interface, but playing blitz is odd after just playing here for so long. 5 mins for a whole game? What is this madness?
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    19 Oct '13 22:391 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I notice on chess.com, a lot of my games have had a screwed up time display, where the screen goes off color with no announcement I have disconnected but yet I make a move and then the other guy's clock starts counting down, but then some time later, it is MY clock that goes down by some number and I get lower and lower time left till I lose on time and nev ...[text shortened]... fect my clock like that.

How else could my clock lose time with no message of disconnection?
    It is a shame that online chessplay automatically assume malfeasance whenever they encounter something they can't explain.

My guess is that the digital feed for the clock does not go from the site to the computer at a constant rate. The connection would be maintained, but if it became sluggish and then sped back up it might make for an electronic "hiccup".

My second guess is that the data makes it to your computer at a constant rate, but it does not render on your screen at the same rate.

My third guess is that perhaps they are having an issue at chess.com with their virtual clocks.

I'm just guessing, and I bet there is someone else here that knows better than me. SwissGambit, anyone?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree