1. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 17:34
    I have an idea. What if one player took on everyone else in a game using this forum? They could vote on a move and play the actual game using the forum. Even if the lone player lost, everyone could go over the game afterwards and explain where he/she went wrong. It would be a good way of pointing out flaws in the player's game that he/she might not see.
    The more I think about it, it would probably require two forums. One for private analysis between the group and one for the actual moves.
    Has this ever been done here?
    I'd rather be part of the group, but I'll be the first lab rat if necessary. Then, possibly Korch, Greenpawn, tomtom, black beetle, etc. We could rotate. Any takers?
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 18:07
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    I have an idea. What if one player took on everyone else in a game using this forum? They could vote on a move and play the actual game using the forum. Even if the lone player lost, everyone could go over the game afterwards and explain where he/she went wrong. It would be a good way of pointing out flaws in the player's game that he/she mig ...[text shortened]... . Then, possibly Korch, Greenpawn, tomtom, black beetle, etc. We could rotate. Any takers?
    I was going to make a thread like this titled RHP versus ME where people enter by saying they want in and all who enter vote amongst themselves to choose 5 players. If I were to win then another group would be voted upon and we would play another game. If the group were to win then they would vote amongst themselves to decide who contributed the most and whoever they decide would then take my place and we would repeat the process.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 18:14
    I have an idea. What if one player took on everyone else in a game using this forum? They could vote on a move and play the actual game using the forum. Even if the lone player lost, everyone could go over the game afterwards and explain where he/she went wrong. It would be a good way of pointing out flaws in the player's game that he/she mig ...[text shortened]... . Then, possibly Korch, Greenpawn, tomtom, black beetle, etc. We could rotate. Any takers?
    the illustrious Scotland club is at present engaged in a game with the puny RHP international club in a consultation match. we have one thread for analysis and another for votes. we nominate the move maker and we nominated a vote counter.

if any of you woosies are brave enough you may challenge the Scotland club to a consultation match, we fear no one, Goliaths like Korch, greenpawn, tomtom, paulfromfics, blackbeetle, wormwood etc etc are our specialties. any takers contact our leader Mactyto the highlander if you dare to disdain the resolve of Scottish steel!
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 18:281 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    the illustrious Scotland club is at present engaged in a game with the puny RHP international club in a consultation match. we have one thread for analysis and another for votes. we nominate the move maker and we nominated a vote counter.

if any of you woosies are brave enough you may challenge the Scotland club to a consultation match, we fea ...[text shortened]... contact our leader Mactyto the highlander if you dare to disdain the resolve of Scottish steel!
    I think I'm a part of RHP international... But I had no clue of such a game.

I'm going to start an English club just to behead you bloody Scottish bastards. 😉
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 18:33
    Somebody did something similar on youtube... a USA vs. rest of the World match with each side voting for each move.

YouTube

I participated on it quite a bit. We're down a pawn, but I think we have a good position, maybe even winning,

http://www.chessontheweb.com/games/game?gameid=27520

but unfortunately, the original posted seems to have disappeared and hasn't updated it in over 2 weeks.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 18:47
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    I think I'm a part of RHP international... But I had no clue of such a game.

I'm going to start an English club just to behead you bloody Scottish bastards. 😉
    my goodness, coming from a Canadian, unbelievable? the Scots practically built your nation, particularly the Mackenzie's, and as i am sure you are aware, if you go to Newfoundland you can even go to a Gaelic speaking school. Anyhow, enough of this titter tatter, form what you like, fly the St Georges flag, go Morris dancing, play cricket and eat cucumber sandwiches followed by strawberries and cream, it will make no difference, we ourselves will be safe with the spirit of Bannockburn dwelling in our hearts, safe in valor's glory!
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 18:54
    my goodness, coming from a Canadian, unbelievable? the Scots practically built your nation, particularly the Mackenzie's, and as i am sure you are aware, if you go to Newfoundland you can even go to a Gaelic speaking school. Anyhow, enough of this titter tatter, form what you like, fly the St Georges flag, go Morris dancing, play cricket and eat cuc ...[text shortened]... ves will be safe with the spirit of Bannockburn dwelling in our hearts, safe in valor's glory!
    I have plenty English blood! Besides, I believe the french did most of the work. If I eat dung laced with brainroids you will never stand a chance!
  8. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 19:031 edit
    Posted in wrong thread. Sorry
  9. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '08 19:082 edits
    Wrong Thread, Sorry
  10. Joined
    01 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 14:03
    let me know if you need a lone player.
  11. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by PAWN RIOT
    let me know if you need a lone player.
    Wow ! You would be great. I don't know how we would do it though. I guess we could get 5 people together and message each other analysis back and forth. Then we could make the moves on a thread. How does that sound?

Edit: I believe that was tom tom's idea. I try to give credit where credit is due. 🙂

Pawn Riot vs 5 ?

I called 1 of 5.
    Who's next?
  12. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 14:12
    Wow ! You would be great. I don't know how we would do it though. I guess we could get 5 people together and message each other analysis back and forth. Then we could make the moves on a thread. How does that sound?

Edit: I believe that was tom tom's idea. I try to give credit where credit is due. 🙂

Pawn Riot vs 5 ?

I called 1 of 5.
    Who's next?
    On second thought, maybe we could make a special club just for this sort of thing. (Like Robbie's idea)
    More people could participate.
  13. Joined
    01 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 14:13
    That sounds fine.
  14. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 19:23
    I have a couple of ICCF games starting soon, which you are welcome to play for me , it is no holds barred there - engines and everything, so hit me with everything you have got
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    06 Oct '08 20:00

if any of you woosies are brave enough you may challenge the Scotland club to a consultation match, we fea ...[text shortened]... contact our leader Mactyto the highlander if you dare to disdain the resolve of Scottish steel!
    Pray explain? What exactly does Korch have to do with Scotland?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree