FIDE rating

FIDE rating

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
14 Dec 16

how do you go about getting fide rating?

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Enter FIDE tournaments?

Mister Why

San Carlos, CA

Moves
14 Dec 16

From Quora:

You can get FIDE ratings either by playing in round-robin tournament or a team (swiss) tournament. 1) For an unrated player's first performance to count, he must play at least 3 games against rated opponents; score at least 1 point; and the rating based on the tournament result at its conclusion must be at least 1000.

E

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by byedidia
From Quora:

You can get FIDE ratings either by playing in round-robin tournament or a team (swiss) tournament. 1) For an unrated player's first performance to count, he must play at least 3 games against rated opponents; score at least 1 point; and the rating based on the tournament result at its conclusion must be at least 1000.
You mean you have to win, or tie a couple of games?

Oh well maybe I will get a fide rating one day maybe not. Figured entrance fee should be enough to ensure a raring of some sort.

Mister Why

San Carlos, CA

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

One win or two draws AND effective rating > 1000. Usually it is much easier to get a rating in a national federation (e.g. USCF in the US) than FIDE. What country do you live in? In the US, you pay your tribute to the USCF, pay the entry fee to the tournament, play your games and you get a rating, win or lose.

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by byedidia
One win or two draws AND effective rating > 1000. Usually it is much easier to get a rating in a national federation (e.g. USCF in the US) than FIDE. What country do you live in? In the US, you pay your tribute to the USCF, pay the entry fee to the tournament, play your games and you get a rating, win or lose.
Maybe I will!

But not any time soon.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
Maybe I will!

But not any time soon.
Just remember, the older you get, the harder it will be to get that 1000 rating....

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Just remember, the older you get, the harder it will be to get that 1000 rating....
Hopefully I will be getting better for a while yet. I started playing chess at 38 and still have much to learn, at least I hope.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
Hopefully I will be getting better for a while yet. I started playing chess at 38 and still have much to learn, at least I hope.
How long have you been playing? Do you play in a club? I played over your game with Davel9000, don't know how many you play with him but that one makes me wonder how he ever got to even 1500 playing like that. Good game, nice mate.

E

Moves
15 Dec 16

47 now and play around for a year, then don 't play for a year. On and off on and off. Probably about 5 years of playing if you combined them all.

E

Moves
16 Dec 16
1 edit

Just looked at that game. He probably underestimated me because of my lower rating. I would look much worse I think if peoe judged my games on my loases.

I remember that mate. I was forced into it. I wanted to drop my b rook down but his rook made that useless. Originally I was hoping he'd take my pawn and then retract the bishop. Wasn't looking for that mate at all. Just lucked into it.

No, I do not play in a club. I did for about a month but it was a long drive.