1. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 17:56
    Has anyone looked at these books and seen the content yet? Just the titles and the covers alone make me want to chuckle. They are quite big though...around (or over) 300 pages. Being a player of the Sicilian on both sides, multiple systems for Black and White, I bought that one already and should recieve it tomorrow, I'll post here what I think. Just wondering if anyone had it already or got the Nimzo one yet.

http://uscfsales.com/item.asp?cID=64&PID=2235
    http://uscfsales.com/item.asp?cID=64&PID=2249

There is a French one coming out in December I think by the great French Guru John Watson. He always writes outrageous good books so that should be a good one.
  2. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 18:12
    He already has a book play the french, why would he come out with another one
  3. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 18:29
    "Do you need a well-deserved break from your normal chess openings? Are you tired of constantly having to keep up with modern chess theory? Or perhaps you simply wish to try out something new and exciting, but cannot decide amongst the embarrassment of choices available? Look no further for the answer!

In Dangerous Weapons: The French, International Master John Watson takes a revolutionary look at one of the most famous and widely-played chess openings: the French Defence. Instead of travelling down well-trodden and analyzed paths, Watson concentrates on fresh or little-explored variations of the French, selecting a wealth of‘dangerous’ options for both colours. Whether playing White or Black, a study of this book will leave you confident and fully-armed, and your opponents running for cover! "

There you go. The book has a different goal that PTF 3.
  4. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 18:35
    I hope he covers the poisoned pawn french game a little better, I havent really seen a good explaination of that system
  5. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Nov '06 18:37
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    I hope he covers the poisoned pawn french game a little better, I havent really seen a good explaination of that system
    Unlikely since that is a "well trodden and analysed path".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree