Clan challenges

Clan challenges

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
24 Jan 16

Padger and myself would appreciate some support on the site idea's forum regarding the clan challenge matchup rules.
I can't post on the announcements forum but the 2 relevant threads are
Thread 167012 
and Thread 167177 
Thanks

rc

Moves
25 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by venda
Padger and myself would appreciate some support on the site idea's forum regarding the clan challenge matchup rules.
I can't post on the announcements forum but the 2 relevant threads are
Thread 167012 
and Thread 167177 
Thanks
The idea of using the current rating is fatally flawed, infact its a sandbaggers dream. It would be must better to use the tournament entry rating as a basis. As a clan leader though its up to me to protect my players from sandbaggers and I am sure you feel the same way because you have a reputation for someone that scrupulously researches challenges. I don't always get it correct and sometimes one or two slip through.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
25 Jan 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The idea of using the current rating is fatally flawed, infact its a sandbaggers dream. It would be must better to use the tournament entry rating as a basis. As a clan leader though its up to me to protect my players from sandbaggers and I am sure you feel the same way because you have a reputation for someone that scrupulously researches challenges. I don't always get it correct and sometimes one or two slip through.
I agree about the current rating.
Not sure without checking , but I don't think the t.e.r includes the 5 yr rating and also there's something in the formula about 100 or 200 points below current rating I seem to remember(again without checking).
A straight average shouldn't be difficult to implement.