1. Joined
    04 Feb '04
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 05:56
    I would like to load a pgn file into Chessmaster and analyze the game. Is this possible, and how do I do it?

Thanks
  2. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 06:29
    Sorry, I only have CM10. However, it should say in the help.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 07:12
    Yes, its possible. I haven't used it for a while, but if you go to New-load game and then go to the directory it should work.
  4. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 20:12
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Yes, its possible. I haven't used it for a while, but if you go to New-load game and then go to the directory it should work.
    Yeah, all you do is go to GAME ROOM in Chessmaster 9000! Then, set up the players names as if you were going to play a game. Actually play the game out with human opponents in 30 minutes time limit etc... Just enough to give you time to make all the moves. Then, save it when it's complete. Then, go to Game analysis on one of the above menus (I forget which one) and then analyze it at a 25 seconds per move thought process. 25 seconds is plenty. Believe me. Then, get the PGN and it will have the Agreement precentage, Relative Error, And Total Error in your game or another's game. It's wicked!!! I hear Fritz does the same also!
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    14 Jan '06 22:32
    You do it that way if its not in pgn form or if you got time on your hands.

Just loading the pgn file into CM is much faster and easier.

Note: Fritz does not give % agreement stuff

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree