1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Nov '06 19:38
    I've been looking for books on the Benko Gambit, since I generally use this against 1.d4 in standard time control/blitz games (I sometimes use the semi-slav CC when I have book since I don't really know the lines) and came across a couple on amazon.com. When I searched recently I saw Play the Benko Gambit is coming next August (by Andrew Martin), and I'm considering buying this, but until then does anyone have suggestions on books to get about this opening?
  2. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 10:191 edit
    Benko Gambit (1. d4, Nf6; 2. c4, c5; 3. d5, b5). A modern gambit which white generally finds safer to decline.

Slav Defense (1. d4, d5; 2. c4, c6), also the Semi-Slav (1. d4, d5; 2. c4, c6; 3. Nc3, e6). A resourceful and interesting defence to the queen's gambit. The Meran system (which either side can avoid) is an exciting variant of the semi-slav offering equal chances.
  3. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 11:18
    I like The Gambit Guide to the Benko Gambit by Steffen Pedersen. It is very good and complete. The only thing wich I do not like is that it is packed with variations, although every chapter begins with a typical plans for each side. For the serious student only.
  4. Joined
    12 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 13:00
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    When I searched recently I saw Play the Benko Gambit is coming next August (by Andrew Martin), and I'm considering buying this, but until then does anyone have suggestions on books to get about this opening?
    Martin has also made a vid on the benko not sure how good it is, I've downloaded so many of the chess vids I hardly get time to watch themπŸ˜€
  5. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 19:58
    I think the most recent book is the one by Jan Pinski from Quality Chess. I have it, I like it. πŸ˜€
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:21
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    I think the most recent book is the one by Jan Pinski from Quality Chess. I have it, I like it. πŸ˜€
    Ah, I didn't know you played the Benko. Yeah, this is the newest one I can find on amazon (excluding the one by Martin due next year). I've considered getting it, but it seems short.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree