1. Small Town Manitoba
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 19:36
    Hi all. I played most of a game last night and finished it this morning. It seemed to be one of my better games and I was just looking for some constructive criticism on it.

Game 1859785

I guess one of the things I would like comments on is my (white's) third move where I pushed the pawn to d5 rather than than taking the pawn on e5. It seemed to have worked out well I seemed to have good pressure on the center of the for the rest of the game.

Feel free to make any other comments on the game.

We played the game fairly quickly so I am sure that we both could have made better moves. I like a good joke or a little sarcasm so feel free to let me have it but please do not be too hard on my opponent since he is not the one who has put the game up for public scutny.

GV
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 23:37
    Originally posted by Nighthawk62
    Hi all. I played most of a game last night and finished it this morning. It seemed to be one of my better games and I was just looking for some constructive criticism on it.

Game 1859785

I guess one of the things I would like comments on is my (white's) third move where I pushed the pawn to d5 rather than than taking the pawn on e5. It seemed ...[text shortened]... oo hard on my opponent since he is not the one who has put the game up for public scutny.

GV
    Maybe 3.Nf3 keeping the gambit sort of style, but I can't blame 3.d5.

3...Nb8 looks better. It prevent you from getting free tempo's on his knight with a3 etc...

8.Nc3 is better. You have more space and should not be trading pieces and moving a piece twice in the opening is a no no in most cases.

12.Nc3 stopping the check. The Knight has the potential to go to b5 after.

15...Nxc5 was better but it still drops a pawn in a couple of moves. Bxc5 dxc5 Nxe5. At least it gets the bad knight of the board.

17...Bd8

25...e6 opening the king further, the rook is hanging on b8.

Well played game though 🙂
  3. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 23:55
    Master games show black playing 3...Ne7 and ...Ng6.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 23:57
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    Master games show black playing 3...Ne7 and ...Ng6.
    Sure, it's all good.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree