Stop accept and delete

Stop accept and delete

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
11 Aug 05

Nothing is more frustrating than creating an open invite and coming back later to find the game gone because someone accepted and then immediately deleted.

I would like to see a set-up where someone accepting an open invite can not delete until after both players have made at least one move.

d

Moves
11 Aug 05

Originally posted by topulan
Nothing is more frustrating than creating an open invite and coming back later to find the game gone because someone accepted and then immediately deleted.

I would like to see a set-up where someone accepting an open invite can not delete until after both players have made at least one move.
What's the difference if the game still gets deleted? 😕

t

Moves
11 Aug 05

This is simply to avoid the folks that accept and delete immediately. I've recieved e-mail messages less than a minute apart where someone accepted the open invite and then deleted.

I've had almost no games where a person deleted after actually playing a move.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
12 Aug 05

This is simply to avoid the folks that accept and delete immediately. I've recieved e-mail messages less than a minute apart where someone accepted the open invite and then deleted.

I've had almost no games where a person deleted after actually playing a move.

How about a fifteen minute delay befoe you can delete a game.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
12 Aug 05

I think that if you accept an open invite then there's no reason that you should be able to delete it at all, it's rude for one thing.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
12 Aug 05

Originally posted by DeepThought
I think that if you accept an open invite then there's no reason that you should be able to delete it at all, it's rude for one thing.
When the <1400 players stop putting out open invites with >1800 rating limits I'll stop accepting and deleting them.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
12 Aug 05

What might be better is that if the game is deleted then an automatic new open invite is created to replace the old one.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
12 Aug 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
When the <1400 players stop putting out open invites with >1800 rating limits I'll stop accepting and deleting them.
Again, if anyone wants to tow-start the Xan's letter box then PM for the location

skeeter

t

Moves
12 Aug 05

Nice to see I am not the only one who finds this annoying. All good ideas.

Xan when you step down off the high horse try not to hurt yourself. Why do you care if someone rate <1400 is requesting games with folks >1800? Its not like there are so many open invites that it is impossible to navigate. Some people like to play higher rated folks as a learning experience (we can't all be a power player like yourself.)

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
13 Aug 05

'Nothing is more frustrating...'? You need to get a sense of perspective. If someone accepts and then deletes a game, just set up another one.

Additionally, people who accept a game tend to want to play *now* - that's why they've just accepted the game. If they accept a game and it becomes apparent that the game creator has set up the game and then logged off, what do you imagine their emotion is? Er...frustration, perhaps?

With this shattering insight into human nature, re-read your post and assess its fairness.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Aug 05

Nice to see I am not the only one who finds this annoying. All good ideas.

Xan when you step down off the high horse try not to hurt yourself. Why do you care if someone rate <1400 is requesting games with folks >1800? Its not like there are so many open invites that it is impossible to navigate. Some people like to play higher rated folks as a learning experience (we can't all be a power player like yourself.)
Well then send an PM to a player you want to play. I more often than not accept games from people who PM me (even if I have a rather full game load). However most open invites of this type go unaccepted for days. I just do some spring cleaning.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
14 Aug 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Well then send an PM to a player you want to play. I more often than not accept games from people who PM me (even if I have a rather full game load). However most open invites of this type go unaccepted for days. I just do some spring cleaning.
I, for one, agree with xanthosNZ. Good show my friend.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Aug 05

I'll add that if your PM makes me laugh then I will almost certainly accept the game.

Also, skeeter is there any particular reason you have a problem with me? Was it you I knocked into the fountain outside the library on campus? If so, then whoops.

b

i do not know

Moves
16 Aug 05

you said that it is frustrating when somebody deletes your game, maybe your green dot has gone off and they think that you have signed off, so they delete the game to get another one.
Or they might have taken the game on acident and hoped that you would not notice that you dont have the game.
atleast that is what i think, and thats what i do, cause i want to play not just wait for them to come back on, i do send them a message saying why i deleted it though.

m

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by ivangrice
'Nothing is more frustrating...'? You need to get a sense of perspective. If someone accepts and then deletes a game, just set up another one.

Additionally, people who accept a game tend to want to play *now* - that's why they've just accepted the game. If they accept a game and it becomes apparent that the game creator has set up the game and th ...[text shortened]... s?

With this shattering insight into human nature, re-read your post and assess its fairness.
It is not a question of perspective. To put this in perspective
- This is a correspondence chess site
- When you see a 3 day game with a 7 day time bank, don’t expect immediate play
- If you are impatient and want a fast game look for one advertising quick game or create your own quick game
- Better yet, if you want a fast game go to a blitz site. For the quick witted and surprisingly unique response of ‘why should I have to leave RHP’ please look up the definition of correspondence chess

‘Just set-up another game’ If you don’t have time to sit at the computer all day playing chess, it is quite an inconvenience to come back hours later to find your game gone.

Why should anyone care how people feel when they accept an open invite and there isn’t an immediate move. Look at the time bank and get a clue. This is chess after all, I expect most people have the ability to do simple analysis. Hmm more than a 1 day game, wonder if this means I shouldn’t expect immediate moves.

As for insight into human behavior, perhaps you need to get a startling revelation. A number of people walk around thinking only about their self and have no manners. The exact reason for this suggestion.