Open Beta feedback thread

Open Beta feedback thread

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
15d
2 edits

If possible, please take a look at [edit:removed] for a preview of the upcoming web site update, and to help test all functionality prior to the deployment of this update.

Any feedback, please post below. Thanks.

Moves
14d

Hi Russ,

Can’t see “thread list” in thread screen

Moves
14d

“My home” icon smaller than others.

Moves
14d

In forum thread list view I can’t see how to navigate to “last post”

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14d

@divegeester said
“My home” icon smaller than others.
Can you explain further? I don't know what/where you mean. (See closed beta thread)

Moves
14d

@russ said
Can you explain further? I don't know what/where you mean. (See closed beta thread)
It’s just a visual thing; on the main page there is a row of icons in rounded corner rectangles. The far left one is “home” and it’s notably smaller than the rest in the row. I notice it 😄

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14d
1 edit

@divegeester

The chevron "back" button will take you back up any hierarchical navigation (top left, under the logo). It will always take you back to thread's list, regardless of how you arrived at the posts.

I've been using the beta for a while, and it never occurred to me that it wasn't available in any other way as I'm using the back button now where it is available.

Give it a go, and if you are still wanting another dedicated button, I'll look at adding one.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
14d

@Russ said
@divegeester

The chevron "back" button will take you back up any hierarchical navigation (top left, under the logo). It will always take you back to thread's list, regardless of how you arrived at the posts.

I've been using the beta for a while, and it never occurred to me that it wasn't available in any other way as I'm using the back button now where it is available.

Give it a go, and if you are still wanting another dedicated button, I'll look at adding one.
Got it 👍

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14d

@divegeester said
It’s just a visual thing; on the main page there is a row of icons in rounded corner rectangles. The far left one is “home” and it’s notably smaller than the rest in the row. I notice it 😄
You'll need to help me out here....

Do you mean on the Home Page or the My Home page?

I'm assuming on the My Home page, the card top left of the column has a smaller gap than the others?

Also, which browser are you using?

Moves
14d

@russ said
You'll need to help me out here....

Do you mean on the Home Page or the My Home page?

I'm assuming on the My Home page, the card top left of the column has a smaller gap than the others?

Also, which browser are you using?
This page: https://beta.redhotpawn.com/

Row of icons just above where it says “play online with your friends” the home icon is smaller than the rest in the row.

I feel like I’m making this this into a FAR bigger issue than it is 😂

Moves
14d

Safari on iPad.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14d

@divegeester

Strange, on my iPad and iPad simulator, the lozenge shaped "My Home" button is the same size as all of the others (in a vertical dimension).

Anyone else?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14d

@divegeester said
I feel like I’m making this this into a FAR bigger issue than it is 😂
We can't let it go now...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14d

@divegeester said
Hi Russ,

Can’t see “thread list” in thread screen
Further to my previous response, when viewing a thread, you can click the forum name to the right of the header with the poster's details in it (below "recommended" button) - this is a link to return to the threads list too.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
14d

@russ said
If possible, please take a look at [=https://beta.redhotpawn.com]Beta.RedHotPawn.com[/] for a preview of the upcoming web site update, and to help test all functionality prior to the deployment of this update.

Any feedback, please post below. Thanks.
This looks pretty nice. I'll be back here to rejoin and compete before the end of the year. My recent OTB events have been fun, but travel expense and adjusting my schedule around tournament dates doesn't always work for me. Correspondence chess is looking more appealing.

Good job on the site makeover. 🙂