Kill Blitz

Kill Blitz

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
21 Apr 19
1 edit

No reason to keep it on the screen. It's just an annoying reminder that we used to be able to play blitz.

Moves
21 Apr 19

Actually, I would prefer to see more options for live games here at RHP.

I understand that games with longer time-limits (10-15-30 minutes per side) are susceptible to engine-cheaters, but we are already taking that chance with our correspondence-only format.

I currently visit another site to play live games, but I'd much rather play them here. My humble opinion welcomes rebuttal.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
21 Apr 19

@coquette said
No reason to keep it on the screen. It's just an annoying reminder that we used to be able to play blitz.
Don't some people still use it?
If so, why remove it?

Trump 2020

Moves
21 Apr 19

I can't find any blitz on my phone. πŸ€”

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
23 Apr 19

@venda said
Don't some people still use it?
If so, why remove it?
Fair enough. Maybe a "blitz date" can be arranged. I just never see anyone playing in there any more.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Apr 19

@coquette said
Some may still want to play blitz. Personally I haven't played a game in years, but that is just me.

-VR

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
26 Apr 19

We have struggled with blitz in the past, but I will be relaunching it with a better back end at some point. This hopefully will improve the current situation as I'm hoping a cloud based service can remove many of the headaches from the past caused by the blitz feature, and improve stability considerably.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
28 Apr 19

@russ said
We have struggled with blitz in the past, but I will be relaunching it with a better back end at some point. This hopefully will improve the current situation as I'm hoping a cloud based service can remove many of the headaches from the past caused by the blitz feature, and improve stability considerably.
β˜ΊπŸ‘