Forum Spamming - automod

Forum Spamming - automod

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Nov 17

Despite the effort of the everyone who assists with forum moderation, some spammy posts have been able to pollute the forums for short periods of time recently.

We have just upgraded the auto mod bot to tackle these and prevent them being posted at all, so we should see far fewer posts trying to sell you counterfeit passports and the like!

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
24 Nov 17

Originally posted by @russ
Despite the effort of the everyone who assists with forum moderation, some spammy posts have been able to pollute the forums for short periods of time recently.

We have just upgraded the auto mod bot to tackle these and prevent them being posted at all, so we should see far fewer posts trying to sell you counterfeit passports and the like!
Good.
Could the auto bot also be programmed to get rid of some of the rubbish posted on the forums?

Über-Nerd

Moves
24 Nov 17

Originally posted by @venda
Good.
Could the auto bot also be programmed to get rid of some of the rubbish posted on the forums?
Defining "rubbish" is harder than defining "obscene."

Über-Nerd

Moves
24 Nov 17

Originally posted by @russ

Thanks, Russ.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Dec 17

Originally posted by @venda
Good.
Some of the rubbish posted adds some character to the site. After all everyone has an opinion on almost everything, and should have the right to express it even if it my be considered rubbish by others.

-VR

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
01 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @very-rusty
Some of the rubbish posted adds some character to the site. After all everyone has an opinion on almost everything, and should have the right to express it even if it my be considered rubbish by others.

-VR
I complete agree.

I'm offering passports at half price.