2013  Online Public Forum Thumbs Poll

2013 Online Public Forum Thumbs Poll

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

2013 Online Public Forum Thumbs Poll

Why Do People Give Thumbs Up Instead of Posting Comments?

1. To register approval and enjoyment of a post enough to give it the equivalent of a Facebook Like (or Poke).

2. To register appreciation of an entertaining or informative post (when pressed for time at the moment and unable to post).

3. To express personal approval of a thoughtful post (rather than detract from its significance with an intrusive post).

4. Other?

Why Do People Give Thumbs Down Instead of Posting Comments?

5. To show disgust over a post that almost violates Terms of Service and/or Forum Posting Guidelines instead of an Alert.

6. To cowardly vent irritation and anger triggered by the mere presence of a disliked person who authored the post.

7. Other?

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]2013 Online Public Forum Thumbs Poll

1. To register approval and enjoyment of a post enough to give it the equivalent of a Facebook Like (or Poke).

2. To register appreciation of an entertaining or informative post (when pressed for time at the moment and unable to post).

3. To ...[text shortened]... nd anger triggered by the mere presence of a disliked person who authored the post.

7. Other?[/b]
Are 4. & 7. not the same?🙄

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Same option but different categories:

* One's for Thumbs Up.

* One's for Thumbs Down.

Note: My guess is that there are at least two public forum posters who's Thumbs
Down Buttons are still waiting to be activated in their manufacturer's boxes.

Moves
04 Nov 13
2 edits

Same option but different categories:

* One's for Thumbs Up.

* One's for Thumbs Down.

Note: My guess is that there are at least two public forum posters who's Thumbs
Down Buttons are still waiting for to be activated in their manufacturer's boxes.
Well, like an exciting hockey game it's tied 1-1, but it's only early in the first period eh?

Edit 1: I spoke too soon.🙄

Edit 2 : but it's still early.😀

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

same word, different Other 😛

Sometimes I thumbs down my own messages, just so some people (they know who they are) will wonder who did it. I would like to give the thumbs up/down feature a thumbs down, but I don't know where I can go to vote on it.

Moves
04 Nov 13

Do you think that whomever posted the thumbs meant there to be 2 thumbs down but clicked on the wrong one, realized it and did a thumbs down? It's only a theory and I guess it would be hard, if not impossible to prove right?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Nov 13

[b]2013 Online Public Forum Thumbs Poll

3. To ...[text shortened]... nd anger triggered by the mere presence of a disliked person who authored the post.

7. Other?[/b]
The answer to all of your questions will show up in the thumbs up/down boxes. 😞

You don't actually expect any of them to say anything, do you? Even the 🙄 who talk and thumbs down our messages rarely say anything worth reading, so don't expect to see a flood of intelligent and articulate answers to your questions... it ain't gonna happen. 😛

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Nov 13

Well, like an exciting hockey game it's tied 1-1, but it's only early in the first period eh?

Edit 1: I spoke too soon.🙄

Edit 2 : but it's still early.😀
Stees, introducing hockey with hard body checks and slashing with sharp sticks is cool.
It's a great metaphor for banter and repartee.... but how does it relate to Thumbs?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
The answer to all of your questions will show up in the thumbs up/down boxes. 😞

You don't actually expect any of them to say anything, do you? Even the 🙄 who talk and thumbs down our messages rarely say anything worth reading, so don't expect to see a flood of intelligent and articulate answers to your questions... it ain't gonna happen. 😛
People who Thumb Up often do so in conjunction with their posts... Thumbs Downers not so much. Why? They like to hide.

Moves
04 Nov 13

Stees, introducing hockey with hard body checks and slashing with sharp sticks is cool.
It's a great metaphor for banter and repartee.... but how does it relate to Thumbs?
I played a lot of hockey and remember getting into a "dustup" when I was in a high school game. We dropped our gloves (no hemuts used in those days) and my opponent stuck his thumb in my eye...accidently of course.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

Do you think that whomever posted the thumbs meant there to be 2 thumbs down but clicked on the wrong one, realized it and did a thumbs down? It's only a theory and I guess it would be hard, if not impossible to prove right?
Well, if they're having trouble clicking on the right box it could explain why they are not using their words. If a whopping two boxes to choose from is confusing, then imagine what it must be like trying to choose which of the thousands of words in the dictionary to use. It can be a daunting task so these poor goof balls deserve our sympathy, not our scorn.

Is being overly sympathetic the same as being elitist? I don't much care for elitists, so I'm seriously considering thumbs downing this message... I won't do it, but I'll seriously consider it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

I played a lot of hockey and remember getting into a "dustup" when I was in a high school game. We dropped our gloves (no hemuts used in those days) and my opponent stuck his thumb in my eye...accidently of course.
Hmm... another good metaphor: "Here's a Thumb in your eye" (intentional not by accident)..

Read a book!

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by lemon lime
Is being overly sympathetic the same as being elitist? I don't must care for elitists, so I'm seriously considering thumbs downing this message... I won't do it, but I'll seriously consider it.
Maybe sumydid will do it for you.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
You have my sympathy.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Nov 13
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
I'm honored you would think I'm sumydid, just like how I might feel honored if someone's dog was humping my leg.

Wishing for sumydid to come back won't make him come back. He obviously doesn't have the hots for you, so give it up and move on... you're starting to creep me out, and not in a good way. I am not your sumydid, and from what I've learned about him sumydid is not your sumydid. You're probably one of the idiots who chased him away, so deal with it. It's your problem, not mine.