Take the Political Compass Test

Take the Political Compass Test

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Moves
30 May 10

http://politicalcompass.org/

Where do you stand politically?

My scores:

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69

Of the figures they list I was closest to Nelson Mandela

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
30 May 10

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

My scores:

I'm the love child of Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama.

SR

Moves
30 May 10
1 edit

My scores:

Somewhat to the right of Genghis Khan.

STS

Moves
30 May 10

(-.7, -.2) on the X-Y axis, almost exactly dead center of the graph.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
30 May 10

Originally posted by Sam The Sham
(-.7, -.2) on the X-Y axis, almost exactly dead center of the graph.
What did you shoot at it with?

silicon valley

Moves
30 May 10

thequ1ck had a longish thread on this.

U

Moves
30 May 10

Originally posted by zeeblebot
thequ1ck had a longish thread on this.
Did they require the extended right-wing scale for you :p

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
31 May 10

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.46
Farther bottom-left than Gandhi OR the Dalai Lama. I win.

silicon valley

Moves
31 May 10

Did they require the extended right-wing scale for you :p
No! i was a centrist! 🙂

silicon valley

Moves
31 May 10
1 edit

well, i found two threads, neither of which is the largish thread where a lot of people posted their scores.

thequ1ck's post at the end of the 3 thread points to a nonexisting file displaying various RHP regulars' position on the chart.

Thread 115358

Political Compass thread 2

Thread 115485

Political Compass thread 3

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
31 May 10
1 edit

The test doesn't work. I end up in quadrant 3 whenever I take it; not by much, but in quadrant 3.

I'm a moderate, but I sure as heck am not well to the (-,-) side of Barack Obama.

In comparing people to other people, such, it can work.

But politicians don't take that test. Their methodology in assigning views to politicians on these question must be flawed.

The most conservative person on this forum would probably be southwest of Obama in that test. It simply doesn't make sense.

w

Moves
31 May 10
3 edits

Originally posted by sh76
The test doesn't work. I end up in quadrant 3 whenever I take it; not by much, but in quadrant 3.

I'm a moderate, but I sure as heck am not well to the (-,-) side of Barack Obama.

But politicians don't take that test. Their methodology in assigning views to politicians on these question must be fl ...[text shortened]... this forum would probably be southwest of Obama in that test. It simply doesn't make sense.
Very true. I think that the test should be to determine, "Do I have a soul?"

1. Do you have personal convictions?

2. If so, would you stand upon those convictions even if it cost you personal harm?

3. Do you have it within you not to sell out your own mother even if it meant making a great deal of money?

4. Have you ever felt guilty?

5. Are you able to open your mouth without lies coming out or have you ever been able to do so?

If you answer no to all of the following, you have what it takes to be a politician. If not, kindly take a back seat to someone who can properly "represent" you.....assuming you have enough money to give them, of course, but I think that is only common sense. 😛

It appears the the age of innocence for USAP has but come to an end. :'(

t

Garner, NC

Moves
31 May 10

But politicians don't take that test. Their methodology in assigning views to politicians on these question must be fl ...[text shortened]... this forum would probably be southwest of Obama in that test. It simply doesn't make sense.
I agree. My score came up very close to the center, although I consider myself far right. I would guess this test was written by a liberal. Some of the questions were framed in such a way that seemed to me, from my perspective to almost be false dichotomies.

U

Moves
31 May 10

There was no need for you to take the test. You're a RINO, I could have told you that!

🙂

U

Moves
31 May 10

Originally posted by techsouth
I agree. My score came up very close to the center, although I consider myself far right. I would guess this test was written by a liberal. Some of the questions were framed in such a way that seemed to me, from my perspective to almost be false dichotomies.
They're part of the Liberal conspiracy.