when will the little "p" disappear?

when will the little "p" disappear?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
04 Jan 05

I know it stands for provisional but after how many games will my rank be displayed???

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
04 Jan 05

after 20 games.
go to the help/FAQ and read "What is a provisionally rated player?"
th

B

Moves
04 Jan 05

gracias, thank ya

R

London

Moves
06 Jan 05

Originally posted by BustACapablanca
I know it stands for provisional but after how many games will my rank be displayed???
After five games your rating will no longer be locked at 1200. After 20 games the 'p' disappears, it becomes a lot easier to get games from experienced players and you appear in the list of players ranked by rating.

Between five and ten games it is very likely that your rating will seem to behave strangely: it may go down despite you winning a game or up despite you losing. Please read the explanation of provisional ratings in the help pages before complaining!

One other thing that may surprise you (if you don't subscribe) is that, after you finish a game, it takes a little while before the site recognises that one of your six slots is available.

KG

Moves
08 Jan 05

Originally posted by RolandYoung
After five games your rating will no longer be locked at 1200. After 20 games the 'p' disappears, it becomes a lot easier to get games from experienced players and you appear in the list of players ranked by rating.

Between five and ten games it is very likely that your rating will seem to behave strangely: it may go down despite you winning a game ...[text shortened]... ame, it takes a little while before the site recognises that one of your six slots is available.
Cool! 😵🙄

n

Spokane, WA

Moves
08 Jan 05
1 edit

W
NONE

WORK

Moves
13 Jan 05
1 edit

MINE DISAPEARS WHEN IT GETS REALLY REALLY COLD.