what's the point...

what's the point...

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

y
Genius

playing chess

Moves
04 May 08

What's the point of having chessatwork, timeforchess, etc. when they're the same thing as rhp and just different colors? Am I missing something?

D

Moves
04 May 08

Originally posted by yosiman
What's the point of having chessatwork, timeforchess, etc. when they're the same thing as rhp and just different colors? Am I missing something?
FAQ

y
Genius

playing chess

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Drew
FAQ
Thanks Drew.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 May 08

I find the chess@work interface alot easier on the eyes, as it is mostly in black and white.

DS

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I find the chess@work interface alot easier on the eyes, as it is mostly in black and white.
I find the www.playtheimmortalgame.com interface a lot easier on the eyes as it is mostly in soothing blue and white.

๐Ÿ˜›

R

Moves
05 May 08

I like that you can choose an interface.

Pity your stats remain the same when you switch between them though

๐Ÿ˜‰

M

Moves
05 May 08

also a pity you can only log in to one at a time, if you switch you get ads ...

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 May 08
2 edits

Originally posted by MissOleum
also a pity you can only log in to one at a time, if you switch you get ads ...
Site Settings:

Enable multiple browsers to be logged into the same account

Check the box might fix that. I'm logged on most all in case a link sends me there.

Check and see if that changes ads showing up. I don't get ads when switching. This message is sent from RHP though I use TFC.

You do need to log in at each site, if you are not logged into the other site already, you will get the ads.

Not sure Site Settings info I gave is required after my edit... but you must be logged in to avoid the ads.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
I find the www.playtheimmortalgame.com interface a lot easier on the eyes as it is mostly in soothing blue and white.

๐Ÿ˜›
Yes, I think I could handle that one also, I am so use to the mostly black and white, it looks all lit up like a christmas tree in there ๐Ÿ˜›

B
commente moi donc รงa

Montreal

Moves
06 May 08

A lot of people play at work and their chess site gets banned/blocked once it's known...so it's good to have a few spares to fall back on when that happens.

Not that I would know anything about that.... ;-)

l
I don't think so...

look behind you

Moves
06 May 08

Originally posted by Bedingbedang
A lot of people play at work and their chess site gets banned/blocked once it's known...so it's good to have a few spares to fall back on when that happens.

Not that I would know anything about that.... ;-)
~sigh~ and then the spares are found out ๐Ÿ™

Not that I would know either ((cough-cough))

C

Earth Prime

Moves
07 May 08
1 edit

One thing about chessatwork that was brought up long ago and never addressed:

when minimized or tabbed, the top bar reads: "ChessAtWork.com". Why wouldn't Russ make it something else like: "BusinessRelations.com" or "Weekly Sales Averages"? Having the word "Chess" as the first word in the title makes chessatwork.com the ironically worst site to use while at work.

Edit: Not to mention the icon is the same little horsey piece