#Vacation

Standard memberCook Ely
Help 23 Mar '23 09:23
  1. Joined
    08 Dec '22
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 09:231 edit
    I am a member of Daily Chess and took a scheduled 2 day vacation. I thought that during this time period my time clock was supposed to stop. But the move time kept counting down. Can anyone help clarify how this works? I checked the FAQ already and it said that the vacation setting prevents you from timing out.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '23 13:46
    Your clock still goes down but if it goes down to zero you can't be timed out.

So if you were heading away for a few weeks it's best to start the vacation when you'd be at risk of timeout.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    25 Mar '23 13:56
    @cook-ely said
    I am a member of Daily Chess and took a scheduled 2 day vacation. I thought that during this time period my time clock was supposed to stop. But the move time kept counting down. Can anyone help clarify how this works? I checked the FAQ already and it said that the vacation setting prevents you from timing out.
    I have suggested more than once that "vacation " should be renamed "timeout protection" to make this function clearer
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 12:33
    @venda said
    I have suggested more than once that "vacation " should be renamed "timeout protection" to make this function clearer
    and the suggestion was supported numerous times.
  5. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    28 Mar '23 16:21
    @ponderable said
    and the suggestion was supported numerous times.
    Maybe this would help lame endings out😁!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree