Ties in tournaments

Ties in tournaments

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

King of the Patzers

Napa, CA

Moves
25 Jul 07

I've just tied another player in the final round of a tournament. All of the games are complete and yet nothing has happened for several days. Do we both win? Do we have to play again? If not or if so, when will my profile be updated or when will the new games start?

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by SethBorgo
I've just tied another player in the final round of a tournament. All of the games are complete and yet nothing has happened for several days. Do we both win? Do we have to play again? If not or if so, when will my profile be updated or when will the new games start?
you keep playing till' someone wins the match

King of the Patzers

Napa, CA

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by Dutch Defense
you keep playing till' someone wins the match
Understood. Thanks for your response. Also, the apostrophe should go before the word ('till) to replace the syllable you've removed.

r

Moves
25 Jul 07

Understood. Thanks for your response. Also, the apostrophe should go before the word ('till) to replace the syllable you've removed.
actually Seth it should be 'til meaning short for until.

I wouldn't take the piss out of someone offering you help.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by rmacken
actually Seth it should be 'til meaning short for until.

I wouldn't take the piss out of someone offering you help.
HaHaHaHaHa

RHP is always so entertaining.

M

Moves
27 Jul 07

actually there are two alternatives:
till is a valid word, meaning the same as until
until see till above
'til is an acceptable abbreviation of until, but only acceptable in colloquial (messaging) discussion and not in printed text.

Perhaps we should turn this thread into a discussion on grammatical English, specifically excluding American variants. 😛