Suggestion: color randomizer

Suggestion: color randomizer

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muncie, IN

Moves
12 Feb 04

I've just been involved in a message exchange where I and another player agreed to play (another) game, but neither of us really wants to claim a color. I most lately suggested that he call heads or ails and I would flip a coin. So my suggestion is an additional radio button for color in the challenge page. Then you can check white lack or andom for the Choose which color you wish to play option button. If you check andom the server will execute a and() call and massage the result to get an even or odd answer to assign black or white.

Sound good? Opinions anyone?

Thanks,
Paul

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
12 Feb 04
1 edit

A fair request. Someone else requested this once - but it doesn't come up that often.

-Russ

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
12 Feb 04

I requested it once.Still would like to have it 😀

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
14 Feb 04

Originally posted by SirLoseALot
I requested it once.Still would like to have it 😀
I requested it once as well!! 😉
http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=7927
th

e
Robbo

a Brave new world

Moves
15 Feb 04
1 edit

Maybe something different to a randomizer would be to have it work out how many games were played against the opponent in question with the respective colours and then it will automatically choose the game with the least.

i.e. if player A had played player B more times as player A being white then it would automatically choose player A to be black.

-Robbo