Stars

Stars

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
16 Mar 03

I've looked and I've looked for the answer to this, but I can't find it. What exactly do the different-colored stars represent? And why do some stars have wings on each side of them? Thanks.

brent

RHP Member No.16

Moves
16 Mar 03
2 edits

Regular star represents an "original pawnstar". Those are the members who made a voluntary financial contribution to support RHP.

"Winged pawnstar" represents those who are subscribers, now that the site has a regular subscription option. Many original pawnstars are now regular subscribers as well.

The color changes from yellow to red based on an individuals' game activity. The more active they are, the more red the star becomes.

Marc

SubscriberChess Host

Moves
16 Mar 03
1 edit

Marc,

One day I'll stop doing the fun stuff (coding) and do the dull stuff (updating our help files) - so you don't have to answer all these questions.

Having said that, if you have a spare afternoon, and fancied killing a few hours.... after all, you know this site as well as I do. 😉

-Russ

U

Steelers Country

Moves
16 Mar 03

Originally posted by Chess Host
Marc,

One day I'll stop doing the fun stuff (coding) and do the dull stuff (updating our help files) - so you don't have to answer all these questions.

Having said that, if you has a spare afternoon, and fancied killing a few hours.... after all, you know this site as well as I do. 😉

-Russ
Umm....Russ?, how come you loged in as chess host?

SubscriberChess Host

Moves
16 Mar 03

'Chess Host' (user 2) is used to send messages to people who have just registered. Out of curiosity, I checked to see if anyone had replied to him. (it is not a real person - hence the name)

It is not the first time I have made this mistake. 😳 I always forget to change back to myself before posting! D'oh!

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Mar 03

I'm feeling myself again now. (Stop sniggering at the back.)

-Russ

U

Steelers Country

Moves
16 Mar 03

Originally posted by Russ
I'm feeling myself again now. (Stop sniggering at the back.)

-Russ
Ok just curios,
oh and I sent you and Chris a message because I didnt know who it would be better to send it to

m

Moves
16 Mar 03

Thanks for the replies. Anyone know at which point the stars change colors? Every 10,000 moves? Every 1,000 games? At 5,000 wins? Just curious. 😉

U

Steelers Country

Moves
16 Mar 03

Originally posted by magnublm
Thanks for the replies. Anyone know at which point the stars change colors? Every 10,000 moves? Every 1,000 games? At 5,000 wins? Just curious. 😉
I think it 2k, 10k, 25k, 50k and (Maby) 100k

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Mar 03
1 edit

100K is the next milestone. What will happen then, I just haven't decided yet....I'm sure I will think of something moderately entertaining.

-Russ

U

Steelers Country

Moves
16 Mar 03

100K is the next milestone. What will happen then, I just haven't decided yet....I'm sure I will think of something moderately entertaining.

-Russ
what about a blinking star? I sent you one about a month ago

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Mar 03

You did indeed. I will probably do something not unlike that. But what do I do in 10 years time (!) when Rhymester gets to a million, eh? 🙂

-Russ

U

Steelers Country

Moves
17 Mar 03

You did indeed. I will probably do something not unlike that. But what do I do in 10 years time (!) when Rhymester gets to a million, eh? 🙂

-Russ
I sent you a e-mail with a idea to use mini-pawns instead of stars after 100k

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
20 Mar 03

Still think 75k is a definite milestone especially for those who will pass 50k and see 100k as being somthing they might just posibly live long enough to achieve - hang on.. that's my differentials being eroded again... 😉