small bug on queening a pawn

small bug on queening a pawn

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
03 Jan 04

when a pawn is queened the next page that pops up is that same game again, obviously it should be the next waiting game.

it doesn't affect much, just involves a very short waste of time.

also nicer would be if when a pawn is queened then you immediately get to chose the queen etc rather than have it appear later on (again only a very small problem)

please don't waste time on this if it detracts from important things - eg the new timeouts, or a trip to the pub

🙂

t

Moves
03 Jan 04

Originally posted by flexmore
when a pawn is queened the next page that pops up is that same game again, obviously it should be the next waiting game.

it doesn't affect much, just involves a very short waste of time.

also nicer would be if when a pawn is queened then you immediately get to chose the queen etc rather than have it appear later on (again only a very small problem)
...[text shortened]... e on this if it detracts from important things - eg the new timeouts, or a trip to the pub

🙂
This very minor problem has been around since before i started on this site. There is probably numerous thread in this forum dealing with the very same issue. As far as I know it is on Russ's to do list, but does not seem to be a high priority nor should it be a high priority.

mike

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
03 Jan 04

thanks trekkie maybe the modeators should just clear this thread out the way then,

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
04 Jan 04

The work around is this:

Just before you move the pawn to the 8th rank make sure that the 'move on to next waiting game' checkbox is unchecked. Then when you move the pawn you go straight to the piece choice screen :-)

Andrew