1. Hendersonville, NC
    Moves
    13 May '04 08:162 edits
    I have a game against Capa that has been going on for a while and we got to a position that was occurring for the third time. I clicked on the claim draw button when I moved into that position and nothing happened. Am I missing something or should it have gone through?

~Cheshire Cat 😀

P.S. This is the game:

http://www.chessatwork.com/gameanalysis/boardhistory.php?gameid=422836

The positions are on 54b, 56b, and 59w. I checked the claim draw when I moved 59w. 😀

Thanks.
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    13 May '04 11:28
    I think what's happened here is the position was indeed repeated 3 times, but with the important exception that it wasn't always the same person to move! In other words, the first 2 times it was White to move, but the last time the position was reached, it was Black's turn. Therefore the claim for repetiiton was invaild and the software correctly rejected it.

Dave
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 May '04 14:061 edit
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    I think what's happened here is the position was indeed repeated 3 times, but with the important exception that it wasn't always the same person to move! In other words, the first 2 times it was White to move, but the last time the pos ...[text shortened]... iton was invaild and the software correctly rejected it.

Dave
    The code for this should be robust, and even though I haven't checked the game myself, the condition that Dave mentions would be rejected.

-Russ
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    13 May '04 15:29
    well, let's try to say it very shortly:
    RHP is very very good software... 😀
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree