Russ, what is the status for changing the vacation

Russ, what is the status for changing the vacation

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q
Tovenaar

Dieren

Moves
24 Sep 03

What are the plans for it and when is it gonna be realised?

Ultimately, if nothing is gonna change, it will be a reason for me to quit this wonderful site. Just recently I've been timed out though I asked my opponent not to do it and I had my vacation settings on and I was only away for a weekend. Of course I will never play this 'person' again. It just pisses me off that he had the opportunity to time me out at all only because I was away for a weekend!

Quirine

ea
Santa.

The Mall.

Moves
24 Sep 03

Originally posted by Quirine
What are the plans for it and when is it gonna be realised?

Ultimately, if nothing is gonna change, it will be a reason for me to quit this wonderful site. Just recently I've been timed out though I asked my opponent not to do it and I had my vacation settings on and I was only away for a weekend. Of course I will never play this 'person' again. It jus ...[text shortened]... t he had the opportunity to time me out at all only because I was away for a weekend!

Quirine
i agree if your sign is on you should not be able to be timed out.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Sep 03
1 edit

A new vacation system has been partially implemented (all though not available yet). It will appear over the coming months. I hope you can stick around that long.

-Russ

ea
Santa.

The Mall.

Moves
24 Sep 03

Originally posted by Russ
A new vacation system has been partially implemented (all though not available yet). It will appear over the coming months. I hope you can stick around that long.

-Russ
always and forever.🙂

ea
Santa.

The Mall.

Moves
24 Sep 03

Originally posted by eddie anders
i agree if your sign is on you should not be able to be timed out.
obviously someone could put a vacation sign up and leave the site.i`m just a bit late in realising this point.

d

scotland

Moves
24 Sep 03

time them out anyway

ea
Santa.

The Mall.

Moves
24 Sep 03

Originally posted by davy
time them out anyway
everybody?🙂

ea
Santa.

The Mall.

Moves
24 Sep 03

Originally posted by davy
time them out anyway
we could do away with the vacation setting and you have to get your games to 0 before you go problem solved.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Sep 03

Originally posted by eddie anders
we could do away with the vacation setting and you have to get your games to 0 before you go problem solved.
Hey! I have to go to PA for about 7 days come next week.... it isn't even a vacation, but a business trip. I might get a move in mid week if I can find a place to log in with my laptop.... but other than that I will tell everyone I am vacationing....

I am willing to bet with the games I have and people I am playing that no one will time me out. We will see... When I get back perhaps we can start a game, EA!

P-

ea
Santa.

The Mall.

Moves
28 Sep 03

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Hey! I have to go to PA for about 7 days come next week.... it isn't even a vacation, but a business trip. I might get a move in mid week if I can find a place to log in with my laptop.... but other than that I will tell everyone I am vacationing....

I am willing to bet with the games I have and people I am playing that no one will time me out. We will see... When I get back perhaps we can start a game, EA!

P-
i`ll send one over next week,cheers.edd😀

Praha, CZ

Moves
01 Oct 03

Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
i wonder what is changed in this new vacation system?

i don't see any need to change it, i think people should accept that TOs are part of the rules.

stitching you up

Moves
01 Oct 03

If it the change I have heard bout, it means each person will be alocated X number of 'protected' days per year. When a person activated his 'protection' he cannot be TO'd, allowing you to go on holiday in safety.

It's a nice idea and could work. My only concern, as someone who travels for work a lot, is that one might run of of 'protected' days half way through the year.
"better to have some than none" you may say? Maybe, but I feel that once the 'protection' system is in place the vacation icon may become derated and ignored. We will see.