RHPv2?  Well, not quite, but almost.

RHPv2? Well, not quite, but almost.

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
11 Jun 04

Originally posted by Russ
A big clan update is to complex to bundle in to this release.

I know I have been promising this forever, but the clan updates really will be done soon. Once this is RHP release is live, I need to quickly add ratings to uChess (should only take a week at most) and then I really will start work on the clan updates (including the clan league.)

-Russ
Promises promises 😀😉

Only kidding. The new stuff looks great.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
11 Jun 04

I think it looks great!

Can't wait.

P-

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
11 Jun 04

Board view.
Nothing too exciting here - just a cleaner board coordinate surround.
<a href=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rnewman/rhp2shots/board.gif target=_imgnew4>Board image</a>
I liked the broader borders
th

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
12 Jun 04

Originally posted by thire
I liked the broader borders
th
Are you saying the broader borders are better than before? Would bolder boarders be better yet? 😀

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
12 Jun 04

My pet peeve is that RPH does not work in 800 x 600 resolution. It should be more resizable.

Also, I'd like to see a smaller board option - maybe as a popup board in another window.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
12 Jun 04

Originally posted by Coletti
Are you saying the broader borders are better than before? Would bolder boarders be better yet? 😀
old borders were broader, I liked them better 🙂
th

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
16 Jun 04

This could happen in the future. Once I'm happy with browser CSS compliance, it could happen.

-Russ
Isn't that allready possible now? I think I can create my own css and tell Opera to use that one instead, no?
th

g
(dandan)

State College, PA

Moves
17 Jun 04

Personally, transparent menus and dialogs make me cringe. Anybody else? Otherwise, I think it looks like an improvement. Thanks!
In general, I think simplicity is as important a target as beauty.

Moves
17 Jun 04
1 edit

Sorry to add this, but one thing that I have been thinking is why on the &quot;my games&quot; page can't I click on the title of a tournament / clan game and be taken to the summary page for that tournament round / clan battle - this operation works on the tournament name when clicked on in a open game window.

Also why on the summary of postings to a forum - can't I click on a user's name to be taken to that person's details, when this operation works on the user's name in the &quot;my games&quot; page.

This is probably the basis of a RHP style guide entry regarding the display of players names / clan matches / tournament names / Clans / Sieges 🙂

L

Amsterdam

Moves
17 Jun 04

Originally posted by iamatiger
Sorry to add this, but one thing that I have been thinking is why on the "my games" page can't I click on the title of a tournament / clan game and be taken to the summary page for that tournament round / clan battle - this operation works on the tournament name when clicked on in a open game window.

Also why on the summary of postings to a forum - c ...[text shortened]... y regarding the display of players names / clan matches / tournament names / Clans / Sieges 🙂
To many hyperlinks would get annoying I guess... 🙂

O.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
19 Jun 04

More like 1.5
shouldn't you say version 15??? 😀
Some time ago you posted some links to the very first RHP-site screenshots. Are these pics still online?
th

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Jun 04

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.redhotpawn.com

-Russ

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
19 Jun 04

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.redhotpawn.com

-Russ
VERY VERY cool!
🙂
th

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
20 Jun 04
1 edit

I like the new outlooking very much! 🙂
Just some tabulars (lists) are a bit big (&quot;MyStats&quot;, ...)
But I like it!
th

PS: I miss the smlies in the forums here! 🙁
[edit]: I just saw them 😉 down here's the javascript-link

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
20 Jun 04

Two little layout-things:
i) on the replingpage in the forum there is a background-picture (bg.gif). Is it the only one on the whole site? When I maximize the IE-window I can see the picture of the chesset on the left as well, which should not be the case I guess. (It was that way in the &quot;old&quot; version as well)
ii) I liked the red bar at the beginning of the footer. It's gone now. 🙁