RHP Champion

RHP Champion

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Sep 03

On your request Huntingbear this idea of mine in a new thread on the <Help & Site Ideas> forum:

Maybe there should be candidate matches and after that a match to decide who will be the RHP champion for one year !

How about that, Russ ?

Joe

h

e2

Moves
18 Sep 03

I think a match-based championship would rock. I'd love to study the games from it!
Why, RHP's top players could end up with fans among the rest of us! 🙂

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
21 Sep 03

How about:
The top 5 rated players keen to enter.
Plus the best player under 4000 moves,
and the best under 2000 moves,
and the best under 1000 moves.
That makes 8 players.
All play all makes either 7 or 14 games each.

P
Bad Bishop

Netherlands

Moves
21 Sep 03

what about candidate tournaments to select 8 players who then face each other in quarter, semi- and final matches? (just like in real life, well, eh, at least until recently, now we've got 3 or 4 world champions walking around) This would give more players an chanche to compete for the title.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
21 Sep 03
1 edit

Originally posted by Prophylaxis
what about candidate tournaments to select 8 players who then face each other in quarter, semi- and final matches? (just like in real life, well, eh, at least until recently, now we've got 3 or 4 world champions walking around) This would give more players an chanche to compete for the title.

In my view a good idea, were making progress in this matter !!

But I've been wrong before, .... 😞

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
21 Sep 03

I like this idea a lot!But let the champion reign for at least two years,maybe even three,'cause I think it might take a year,or more, for such a tourney to end.

P
Bad Bishop

Netherlands

Moves
14 Nov 03

just wanted to get this thread on top again ( in some kind of a desparate attempt to safe it from the claws of oblivion:'( ) I'm aware of the many 'technical' difficulties that would arise in organising a RHP championship (think alone of the time the championship will take, a 1? 2? year cycle), but wouldn't it be a great 'community-thingy'? Any thoughts? A reaction from one of the top players maybe?

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
15 Nov 03

My two cups worth. Swiss format, top twenty/thirty/** RHP ranked invitational tourney. Time controls: 1st 20 moves / 36 hr T/O : thereafter 48 hr T/O Winner is holder of the 'RHP Champion' title until the next tourney. skeeter