Resigning

Resigning

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Look, it's a title!

Run, it's offensive!

Moves
18 Jan 05

Question about RHP:

If you resign a game that's just 1 move each, will both players rating still be effected?

D

Moves
19 Jan 05

Is that possible? I think the game can be deleted, but is resigning an option at that point? If so, then yes, I'm sure the game would be rated, regrardless of the # of moves, just like in any tournament. What else could be done with it?

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
20 Jan 05
1 edit

No, The games isn't actually rated until two moves are made by each player.
You can resign the game before then without affecting your rating. This is done frequnetly by people who entered a tourney (game can not be deleted) but then find that they can not play in the tourny for whatever reason.

This can been seen in the FAQ under "How my rating is calculated".

k

Moves
20 Jan 05

Originally posted by Saint Nick
No, The games isn't actually rated until two moves are made by each player.
You can resign the game before then without affecting your rating. This is done frequnetly by people who entered a tourney (game can not be deleted) but then find that they can not play in the tourny for whatever reason.

This can been seen in the FAQ under "How my rating is calculated".
The FAQs state that:
"If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player."

However I have an example that contradicts this:

In this game Game 872897 my opponent made one move before resigning - the game does not appear on my rating graph and my rating was not affected.

In this game Game 872856 we made one move each before my opponent resigned - this game does appear on my rating graph and my rating was affected.......😕

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
20 Jan 05

Originally posted by kw72uk
The FAQs state that:
"If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player."

However I have an example that contradicts this:

In this game Game 872897 my opponent made one move before resigning - the game does not appear on my rating graph and my rating w ...[text shortened]... t resigned - this game [b]does
appear on my rating graph and my rating was affected.......😕[/b]
In the first game u posted, your opponent hadn't made a move.

In tournaments, both players have to have made 1 move for it to be rated. Not 2. I think its 2 then for clan games/challenges.

D

SN
Pimp of the elves

San Diego, CA

Moves
20 Jan 05

Strange things are afoot....
I've always thought is was two moves. Now I'm confused..

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
20 Jan 05

Originally posted by Saint Nick
Strange things are afoot....
I've always thought is was two moves. Now I'm confused..
Well tournaments are always supposed to be rated. I think Russ put in the at least 1 move in tournaments because people might leave for a while, next rounds of tournies might start up, and whenever the user returns, their rating could be gone to pot.

Again, I may be wrong there.

D