Rating calculation

Rating calculation

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lolita

Moves
02 Nov 09

If I have a rating of 1200 and my opponent has one of 1000 and we have a draw--will my rating go down?? thanks Lolita

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
02 Nov 09

Originally posted by lolitaknight
If I have a rating of 1200 and my opponent has one of 1000 and we have a draw--will my rating go down?? thanks Lolita
If its a rated game, then yes.
If you look at the table that mwmiller posted (beginning of this thread), you can see that for a difference of 200 points you (the higher rated player) will lose 8 points with a draw.

Lolita

Moves
02 Nov 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
If its a rated game, then yes.
If you look at the table that mwmiller posted (beginning of this thread), you can see that for a difference of 200 points you (the higher rated player) will lose 8 points with a draw.
thanks for taking the time to answer. Sorry I do not understand the chart, but understand your answer. cheers Lolita

g
Magister Mundi sum!.

World

Moves
02 Nov 09

Is it possible for your rating to go down as you play? IE I have been playing but yet no win/loss/draw for awhile and the rating seems to be dropping off? Is it because I'm still a new player?

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
02 Nov 09

Originally posted by glenn64
Is it possible for your rating to go down as you play? IE I have been playing but yet no win/loss/draw for awhile and the rating seems to be dropping off? Is it because I'm still a new player?
Nope, I dont think thats possible. Your rating is still calculated in a different way because you are a new player (under 20 games finished means you have a provisional rating). Check this to see how its done: FAQ
Lines as this might explain your rating drop: "Note: Until you have completed 20 games your rating may go down even when you win a game!"

And you did recently finish games, 2 on 31 okt, 1 on 1 and 2 nov. Thats pretty recent in my opinion😉
(when you go to your profile and hold your mouse on the ratinggraph you can see the gamedate for each game (and some other info)).

g
Magister Mundi sum!.

World

Moves
03 Nov 09

Thanks! I apresiate your quick response.
What I meant to say was this happened during play today. I lost 2-3 points for no apparent reason. ?

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
03 Nov 09

Thanks! I apresiate your quick response.
What I meant to say was this happened during play today. I lost 2-3 points for no apparent reason. ?
Other then that you just won or lost a game at that time, or you were under influence of something when looking at your rating ("2-3" are you sure? maybe 0?), I have no good explanation.

g
Magister Mundi sum!.

World

Moves
04 Nov 09

Mmm! Im not to sure just how many, but it did drop a little while playing I think. I was thinking it may be an adjustment to my play? Not really important. Just interesting. Thanks.

z
Thread Killing Chimp

Moves
04 Nov 09

Mmm! Im not to sure just how many, but it did drop a little while playing I think. I was thinking it may be an adjustment to my play? Not really important. Just interesting. Thanks.
No, you dont get more rating for good moves, or less rating for bad moves. It should only change after you finish games.
No problem.