Public Games

Public Games

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
22 Jan 07

I wasn't sure if this should be in the Chess section of the Help section, so i flipped a coin and put it here.

I'm just wondering how the "public games" system works? What is the deciding factor in the site program deciding that a game goes on page 1 of the Public Games listing.

Sorry if there's an easy answer to this question, but it's been bothering me for a while now. Thanks

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
22 Jan 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid
I wasn't sure if this should be in the Chess section of the Help section, so i flipped a coin and put it here.

I'm just wondering how the "public games" system works? What is the deciding factor in the site program deciding that a game goes on page 1 of the Public Games listing.

Sorry if there's an easy answer to this question, but it's been bothering me for a while now. Thanks
I guess, the games are listed by the move order, i.e. on top are those where a move has been made most recently.

M
sorozatgyilkos

leölés ellenfeleim

Moves
23 Jan 07

Originally posted by gambit05
I guess, the games are listed by the move order, i.e. on top are those where a move has been made most recently.
This is indeed the case. There is so much traffic on the site, though, that if you submit a move and then immediately click on Public Games, you might just be lucky enough to see your game somewhere near the bottom of page 1 !

🙂

P

Moves
23 Jan 07

Thanks. I thought that might be the case, but every time I've gone to check, my game has never been on page 1, so I assumed there was another system. Oh well, I guess this place is a pretty popular place, lol.