please answer this questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please answer this questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
11 Oct 06

whas the difference between asking for a draw and claiming one?

F

Moves
11 Oct 06

Originally posted by GabrielHandsome
whas the difference between asking for a draw and claiming one?
You can claim a draw after a 3 position repetition or lack of mating material and such and if you're right a draw it is.
You can ask for a draw if you think the position is a draw but the opponent have to agree upon it.

G

Moves
11 Oct 06

ut what if yiur wrong, do u get in trouble?

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
11 Oct 06

A code monkey will jump out of the screen and spank you.

F

Moves
11 Oct 06

No, the worst thing that could happen is, perhaps, that you lose face a little, I suppose.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
11 Oct 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You can claim a draw after a 3 position repetition or lack of mating material and such and if you're right a draw it is.
You can ask for a draw if you think the position is a draw but the opponent have to agree upon it.
or lack of mating material At present you can only claim a draw with two kings left. Russ has told me they will be updating the site soon to be able to claim draws in all cases of lack of mating material. You can also claim a draw after 50 full moves (100 half moves) if no forward progress has been made in the game. Which means no piece has been taken and no pawn has moved forward in that 50 full moves.
Also you really don't lose face if you try and claim a draw and you are wrong. No one knows when you try to claim a draw, unless it is a draw of course. 😉

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
11 Oct 06

Originally posted by FabianFnas
No, the worst thing that could happen is, perhaps, that you lose face a little, I suppose.
Would you? I thought the interface would just tell you that you couldn't claim a draw. No one except yourself would know that you'd tried.

F

Moves
12 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Would you? I thought the interface would just tell you that you couldn't claim a draw. No one except yourself would know that you'd tried.
I wrote 'perhaps', didn't I? 🙂
And I didn't write anywhere that anyone would know it, did I? 🙂
And your comment is already made by KingDavid. So whats your point?