Number of moves and rating impact

Number of moves and rating impact

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
16 Apr 09

Hi, all.

If a game is resigned before a move is played, are ratings impacted? If not, how many moves must be played before it is an 'official' game?

I ask because I'm involved in a banded tournament that will soon begin its second round and, quite honestly, I don't think that it's fair that I remain in it. However, I'm hoping to not lose points if I simply resign the games once the round starts.

Thanks for the help.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
16 Apr 09
3 edits

Originally posted by Fleabitten
Hi, all.

If a game is resigned before a move is played, are ratings impacted? If not, how many moves must be played before it is an 'official' game?

I ask because I'm involved in a banded tournament that will soon begin its second round and, quite honestly, I don't think that it's fair that I remain in it. However, I'm hoping to not lose points if I simply resign the games once the round starts.

Thanks for the help.
The FAQ says ratings in a game are only calculated if both players have made 2 moves, but I'm not sure if that applies to Tournaments or not.

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
16 Apr 09

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
The FAQ says ratings in a game are only calculated if both players have made 2 moves, but I'm not sure if that applies to Tournaments or not.
Thanks, Daemon Sin. I saw that and should have been more specific in my inital post. I'm wondering if that applies to all games (i.e. clan, tournament, etc).

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Apr 09

Thanks, Daemon Sin. I saw that and should have been more specific in my inital post. I'm wondering if that applies to all games (i.e. clan, tournament, etc).
All

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
16 Apr 09

Originally posted by Phlabibit
All
Gracias.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Apr 09

Gracias.
I just timed out two tourney games with 1 or 2 moves made only. No Impact.

I can't see that clan or siege or anything would be different.

P-