New Set Added

New Set Added

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 Nov 03

For some time I've wanted to get a new default set on RHP - so I got my virtual crayons out then spent far longer than expected creating this one.

Anyway, check it out from the My Settings/Board Settings menu.

So, should I replace the 'newspaper' set as the default set for all new joiners?

-Russ

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
02 Nov 03
1 edit

Hmmmmm....what do the black pieces look like?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 Nov 03

Change your board settings to see, then change it back if you don't like them.

-Russ

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
02 Nov 03

Originally posted by Russ
Change your board settings to see, then change it back if you don't like them.

-Russ
ohhh - duh! 😕

M

Moves
03 Nov 03

Originally posted by Russ
For some time I've wanted to get a new default set on RHP - so I got my virtual crayons out then spent far longer than expected creating this one.

Anyway, check it out from the My Settings/Board Settings menu.

So, should I replace the 'newspaper' set as the default set for all new joiners?

-Russ
Hi Russ,

I like very much the new set of pieces that you've added. I think you should replace the 'newspaper' set for the 'book' set as the default set for all new joiners. 🙂

Milou

S
Shut Gorohoviy!

Moves
03 Nov 03

I think the 'newspaper' set is best.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
03 Nov 03
1 edit

The "Newspaper" is all right. It's the simplest, the clearest and therefore the best ...

The "Book" is a very good design for real chess pieces, it's very elegant !

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
03 Nov 03

I like the new set, but I'd set the Newspaper as default, because
a) if U R new to RHP and U see pieces with which you are not very familiar it might be a bit strange for you
b) if a set "fits" depends not just on the set but also on the surrounding: the whole page: perhaps it's better for chessatwork, but not for timeforchess, U know what I mean?
BTW: I love the possibility of swichting between the different styles of this fabolus correspondencechessite!
th

M

Moves
04 Nov 03

Anyway, it doesn't bother me if Russ decide to keep the 'Newspaper' set as the default set. 😛 Maybe you're right! As far as I am concerned, the 'Book' set is my favorite chess set! 😏

t

Moves
04 Nov 03

i have, and still do, always prefered the wood set.