New ratings base on rating at start or end of game

New ratings base on rating at start or end of game

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
08 Apr 03

So are rating calculated from your ratings when you started the game, or are they calculated at from your rating when you finish your game?

Thanks

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
08 Apr 03

Originally posted by BattleAngel
So are rating calculated from your ratings when you started the game, or are they calculated at from your rating when you finish your game?

Thanks
At the end 🙂

B

Moves
08 Apr 03

Originally posted by Rhymester
At the end 🙂
So I can affect my final rating and the ratings of my opponents just by timing the order in which I end my concurrent games? 😀

stitching you up

Moves
09 Apr 03

Originally posted by BattleAngel
So I can affect my final rating and the ratings of my opponents just by timing the order in which I end my concurrent games? 😀
If you want to gain a couple of extra points, yes it would be advantagous to resign a losing game just before winning a different game. You could even prolong a game if you suspect that your opponents rating is going to go up, & lose less for a loss & win more for a win.
But is it really that important? Anyway, it's the same for everyone - swings & roundabouts...

F

Moves
09 Apr 03

Jon,

I have a couple opponents doing that. They are NOT pawn stars so I guess it's my fault for playing the CHEATING [CENSORED] 🙂

Amici Sumus

Feivel

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
09 Apr 03

It's a very often discussed topic here, but I give it a try!

I think to unse the ratings at the begining is fairer (transparencey). What do you think?
th

B

Moves
11 Apr 03

I'd have to agree, ratings based on beginning rating sound more fair.